Forge Downtime (april 22 2007)

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Forge Downtime (april 22 2007)

Post by Tonie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm

Time for some information. The current downtime was not planned/scheduled in any way. It hit us with the same surprise as everybody else. It's true we're moving away from Forge, but that's supposed to be at the end of april. We've opened up an artefact at VA for investigating the matter and getting Forge up again as soon as possible.

One of the developers is now finishing up the scripts to move projects to Joomlacode.org. Forge and Joomlacode are two different systems, and with the plethora of options migrating is not that easy. Developers of 3rd party components who then wish their projects activated can ask for this, or have already asked for this after the 2 emails I've sent them. When we're ready to migrate, we'll also email all projects on JED (though they should all know about the pending migration).

Our apologies for this issue. Forge is now up again, and will hopefully stay like that ;)
Last edited by Tonie on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Forge Downtime (april 19 2007)

Post by brian » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks for the update. Been searching my archives for a file for ages. finaly find it and the forge is back.typical. ;)
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Forge Downtime (april 22 2007)

Post by Tonie » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:48 am

Forge can't be reached again. I sent in a support request, also asking to take a look at SCM/SVN access, which seemed to be down as well.

Return to “Joomla Forge - Archived”