Recent joomla implementation & find donor contact info tool

Gathering of Joomla! developers and users in the non-profit community.
krazekimmy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Recent joomla implementation & find donor contact info tool

Post by krazekimmy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 pm

First, I wanted to share a recent implementation of joomla that I did for my local art center (in my “free time” I am an artist)… You can check it out here: http://www.arsenalarts.org – it’s set up so that the staff and volunteers can administer content. It’s a pretty straight forward implementation based on a joomlashack template. Would love your feedback…

Second, I wanted to share a tool that you might find useful to find potential donors… My “day job” is at company called ZoomInfo.com. We have a whole set of enterprise products that enable our customers to do very targeted searches for professional contact info (phone and email) for people and companies. It’s a lot like 411 for the business world except that you get a detailed profile about the person/company as well. The tools are super useful but might be pricey for a non-profit budget – in my experience a nonprofit budget is super tight (read: $0 +/-).

Good news is that we’re beta testing Zipi, a free Microsoft Outlook plug-in that enables you to search for business contact details for folks at potential donor companies. You don’t get all the bells and whistle’s that come in our paid power products though if you know the company and just need a contact that will open doors for you, this tool is awesome. Here’s an example…

Let’s say you work for an art center based in Watertown, MA just outside of Boston. You are doing an outdoor exhibit that encourages people to walk around. You’re probably looking for “outdoorsy” companies that have budget to spend on this type of thing. The Boston area has tons of athletic companies: Reebok, New Balance, Saucony, etc. I did a quick search in Zipi Outlook on “marketing” and “new balance” and returned a list of folks that might fit the bill and then selected Chris Mann as someone that I’d like to contact. Here are a few snips from his profile that provide talking points for the convo…

“Chris has particular expertise in cause-related marketing involving the areas of breast cancer and childhood obesity.” (<--Good to know if you are putting on an event that gets kids out and walking!)

“Chris received his B.A. in Psychology from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA and his M.B.A with a concentration in Marketing from Boston University.” (<-- If you went to Holy Cross or Boston University you could chat about old times…)

You can see the entire profile here, though if you want access to email address you’ll need to install Zipi… http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDe ... 64&pc=zipi

If you’d like to be a Zipi beta tester (it’s free), post here and I’ll send you an invitation.

Kimberly
Last edited by krazekimmy on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
i am kraze. i am kimmy.

krazekimmy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Recent joomla implementation & find donor contact info tool

Post by krazekimmy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 pm

UPDATE: you can now download Zipi at http://www.zoominfo.com/zipi - let me know if you have any questions!
--
i am kraze. i am kimmy.

Return to “Non-Profit Organizations and Joomla!”