Website valuation for nonprofit

Gathering of Joomla! developers and users in the non-profit community.
spletcher
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Website valuation for nonprofit

Post by spletcher » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:46 am

I have created and developed a website for the last 2 years and have recently given it to a nonprofit organization although I still run it. They need a "value" put on the website for tax purposes for my gift. Does anyone know of someone who is "certified" to give this type of service. I have posted it as a project on Joomlancers.com but wanted to see what the wisdom on the joomla forum is. Thanks ahead of time.

The website is: http://www.missioneyes.net

gjacob3412
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Website valuation for nonprofit

Post by gjacob3412 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:44 pm

It is difficult for me to think in that terms - I too am in the same sort of boat.

Looking at your site, and drawing on some short experience I have this to offer. Insert disclaimer here...

Some basic 'on time time, off shelf' work could be quoted at anything between $2,500 and $5,000 depending on the difficulty and time involved.

As we are using GNU/GPL software (Joomla!) I can't say as that you can include that in your equation. However, if you know how many hours you put into it (detailed account of time), then it becomes a bit more straight forward as you can 'estimate' value.

IE:
150 hours of work. Includes cPanel install, configuration of Global settings, modification of template, Structure and Adding of content, communication with client, modification post communication and such.
Rate: $15 USD/hour

Estimated Value of site for 'One year': $2,250

YMMV, of course.

Return to “Non-Profit Organizations and Joomla!”