Tamil-India (ta-IN) Language Pack for Joomla! 4.3 Released

Moderator: imanickam

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Tamil-India (ta-IN) Language Pack for Joomla! 4.3 Released

Post by imanickam » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:00 pm

Happy to announce that the Tamil-India (ta-IN) full language pack (that includes Admin, Site, and API language packs) for Joomla! 4.3 has been released.

Now, you can install/update the language packs directly from the option System => Install -> Languages.

In case, if you encounter any error, the language pack could be downloaded from https://downloads.joomla.org/language-p ... amil-india and installed as an Extension.

Being a full language pack, the Admin, Site, and API packs would be installed at the same time in one installation.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

dorsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Tamil-India (ta-IN) Language Pack for Joomla! 4.3 Released

Post by dorsa » Fri May 19, 2023 7:16 pm

Hello
I am happy that a new package has been provided for the Hindi language.
If possible, please tell me in which part of the language package the changes were made?
Thanks

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Tamil-India (ta-IN) Language Pack for Joomla! 4.3 Released

Post by imanickam » Sat May 20, 2023 2:11 am

dorsa wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 7:16 pm
I am happy that a new package has been provided for the Hindi language.
If possible, please tell me in which part of the language package the changes were made?
It is not clear as to what you are referring to. As of now, there is no Hindi language pack for Joomla 4. The latest Hindi language pack available is v3.3.6.2 (for Joomla 3) that was released on January 2015 (almost 8 years back).

When I reviewed the languages in the translation repository, https://joomla.crowdin.com/, I noticed that Hindi did not have ProofReader. As only the translations that are approved by the proofreader's approval will be included in the language pack, even creating a new language pack would not help in any way. In addition, the language has been translated only 22 percent.

If you are interested in the Hindi language pack, please get in touch with the translation coordinator Stefan Wendhausen (wendhausen - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=822544) about this and in case if you are interested in contributing he would guide you.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Indic Languages Forum”