Joomla 1.5 RC1 Released

Moderator: imanickam

romit
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Joomla 1.5 RC1 Released

Post by romit » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:07 pm

Hello everyone,

We would like to tell you know that the Release Candidate of Joomla 1.5 is out .. you can read the official Joomla announcement for more.
Joomla! 1.5 RC1 released at JoomlaDay Austinlead developer Louis Landry announced Joomla's release candidate of Joomla! 1.5 today. The much-anticipated announcement of Joomla's amazing new framework was met with with enthusiastic applause.  Meanwhile, almost simultaneously, Wilco Jansens delivered the good news to a group of Joomla! fans in Germany.
Joomla 1.5 RC1 can be downloaded from here

The RC1 is a significant change from the earlier released Beta 2, as its much more stable and also it can be used on live sites, which can be easily upgraded to the Final Stable release when its out.

If you have any questions about it feel free to pop them over here, or if you have found any bugs please report them over at the Q&T Forum so that they can be looked at by the Q&T or the Dev teams.

Also we are delighted to inform that Hindi (Devanagari) and Bengali (India) installation files are both included in the RC1 (i.e. you can install Joomla 1.5 RC1 in any of these languages), and we are currently working on the full frontend and backend translation of Joomla 1.5.

If anyone wants to help out making translations for their own language (installation, frontend, backend) for Joomla 1.5 please let us know (Vish or me) and we will be in touch with you.

Happy Joomlaing
Last edited by romit on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romit Chatterjee
× Joomla! Web Developer - http://www.RomitChat.com
× IndicJoomla! Translation Coordinator - http://www.JoomlaIndia.org/bengali/

pbengani
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 1.5 RC1 Released

Post by pbengani » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:50 am

Romit,

we want to translate 1.5 to Gujarati. Kindly help us. How to start it and where to put it after translation.

Also please help me know, how to migrate 1.0.13 sites to 1.5.

Should we migrate now or wait for the final release.

Thanks in advance.

Vish
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla 1.5 RC1 Released

Post by Vish » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 pm

Pankaj bhai

PM me or email me I will share with you how you can do a gujrati language file and then install for IndicJoomla...
--Vish "Still Learning"

Return to “Indic Languages Forum”