Change in Team Translation Portuguese Brazil

Moderator: ariadneduvessa

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Change in Team Translation Portuguese Brazil

Post by djfeliz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:28 pm

I watched the Language Pack Portuguese Brazil, there was a change of coordinator of Translation Team Portuguese Brazil, which posted the files to Joomla 3.4.0 on the official repository and being used by Brazilian users.
However, there was no note informing about the change of Coordinated Team Translation Portuguese Brazil, simply bloqueram Ariadne to send the files to the Joomla Code, but not made themselves disorder account that this is causing for this team that is providing the Language Pack amended many of the terms used in Portuguese Brazil, using terms of the Portuguese Portugal.
I was invited by Ariadne to participate in the translation Portuguese Brazil team, and we were working on the Language Pack Portuguese (Brazil) for Joomla! 3.4.0, fixing terms and lines that were added in Original Package in English, to adapt to Brazilian users.
However, it seems that all our work to date, is being in useless because of this decision of the Joomla Project Leaders to change the Coordinating Team Translation Portuguese Brazil.
I've always been a collaborator "freelancer", because the old FaBMAK Coordinator always prevented my participation in the team of him, and always ignored my private messages here on the Forum Joomla.
To show how much I contributed to the design, available files translated to Brazilian users, here is my design in Joomla Code, proving that make available packages from Joomla! 1.0x... Also, it was already added the Language Pack Portuguese Brazil to Joomla! 3.4.0

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomlabr/frs/

It is a detail, if maintained this change Coordinator Team Translation Portuguese Brazil, taking Ariadne Pinheiro by Helvecio, I will follow the same path of Jean-Marie ... pushing me to be a contributor to the Joomla Project and my contributions translations in Portuguese Brazil.

In my opinion and my view, the Joomla Project Team Leaders should be concerned first with all usuários.e warn about these changes in Joomla Forum in Portuguese, after all, are the users and contributors who help us become popular Joomla quickly.

Brazilian greetings
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Per the request of the user iikozen, moved the topic to the Portuguese forum Tradução.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Change in Team Translation Portuguese Brazil

Post by infograf768 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:57 am

@djfeliz
We had to find a solution as the pt-BR packs had not been updated for one year (last was 3.2.0).
I suggest you collaborate with Helvecio.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 pm

infograf768 wrote:@djfeliz
We had to find a solution as the pt-BR packs had not been updated for one year (last was 3.2.0).
I suggest you collaborate with Helvecio.
Jean-Marie Simonet friend

From what I know you as a collaborator of the Joomla Project, I think I can call you "friend." Somehow, I am also a long time collaborator with the Joomla Project, since Joomla 1.0.8, dispobilizando in Portuguese Brazil to date with Joomla! 3.4.0.

There seems to be a lack of information about the Translation Team Brazil in Portuguese, and this information is not coming to your knowledge ... Ariadne Pinheiro (http://forum.joomla.org/memberlist.php? ... e&u=360346) contacted me to update the language files in Portuguese Brazil for Joomla, which was done, and is still being done, we are working hard to keep the updated language files. You can even check the insertion of files in the official repository http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jtrans ... ge_id=6437,
where all the language packs for Joomla! 3.0x were added, only the language pack for Joomla! 3.4.0 was not the Ariadne who published.
Yes friend Jean-Marie, there is differences in many terms used in the translation English -> Portuguese Portugual, and English -> Portuguese Brazil, which I quote in Brazil, which is a continental country, there is different dialects among the states that are part of Brazil.
Take this opportunity to thank you for the years of dedication to the Joomla Project, and to withdraw, get relax, rest your mind, travel extensively, and meeting places around the world. I was surprised with your message on Google Groups, however, understand that there always comes a time in our lives, we need to take difficult decisions. As I said in the message, I repeat here: "You're the man".

Big hug from a Brazilian who has a lot of respect for all that you stand in Joomla Project

Best Regards

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Just a few questions:
- Who is Helvecio?
- What were his contributions to the Joomla Project during all these years?
Airton Tower, Julius Pontes and some other Brazilian users Joomla !, I know them and know their performance as collaborators in Joomla Project !.
As I know the Ariadne and performance to update the language packs in Portuguese Brazil, especially in recent weeks.
All people get sick ... Everyone has the right to make mistakes. Think about it!

Best Regards

iikozen
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by iikozen » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi DJFeliz.

Glad you've posted about this.
This is Helvecio's Forum Profile: http://forum.joomla.org/memberlist.php? ... e&u=147379
As the pt-BR TT Coordinator he could definitely post/comment more often on the Portuguese Translation Forum, as to keep the team better informed.

Thanks for all you do for the community!

Best regards,

Manoel
♦ Homines libenter quod volunt credunt. ♦
http://www.iikozen.com.br
OpenTranslators Volunteer -> http://www.opentranslators.org

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank you Manoel,

For a long time, I collaborated with the translation in Portuguese Brazil Joomla to help Brazilian users who do not have familiarity with the English language. For a long time, also have made available extensions translated into Portuguese Brazil.

Understand, I refuse to use the Language Pack in Portuguese Brazil provided by Helvecio in Joomla repository to be installed directly via bakend, why did a test on a Joomla installation on my computer, and I realized that many terms used are language Portuguese Portugal ... To avoid using terms used by users Portuguese, I prefer to use the Language Pack that I translate for many years, than this provided by Helvecio.

You can change the coordinator, but you can not change the translation pattern for Joomla !. Some terms of computing, try to keep in English (eg load -. Download - backend - frontend - tag ... and some others).

As I mentioned above, was stopped and rejected by FaBMAK, who always refused my collaboration add me in Translation Team ... It seems they are creating another "clique" among Brazilian users, and this is very bad for the Brazilian community.

I also have respect for his work as a volunteer that comes from long time.

Best Regards

iikozen
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by iikozen » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

I understand quite well what you're saying.
I wish Helvecio answered himself the questions regarding Brazilian Portuguese x Portuguese.
Can I ask you to post this directly in the International Portuguese Translation Forum, so we can direct him there to interact appropriately?
I can only speak for myself, as I am not a coordinator in any TT.
Hopefully Helvecio will provide answers as the pt-BR TT Coordinator.

Best regards,

Manoel

PS perhaps a moderator could move this thread to the suggested Forum!?
♦ Homines libenter quod volunt credunt. ♦
http://www.iikozen.com.br
OpenTranslators Volunteer -> http://www.opentranslators.org

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:10 pm

It seems that we come to an dead-lock, Manoel.

Because Helvecio not contacted the coordinator of the team Translation Portuguese Brazil to have knowledge of what was going on and the reasons for the Language Pack are not being updated?
That is, he chose to create a new team, convincing the Lead Manager Joomla Project Brazil was abandoned.

Well, I am not a politician, and I will avoid entering this "personal quarrel" between Ariadne and the Helvecio. As I mentioned, the Ariadne contacted me asking me to assist in updating the language packs in Portuguese Brazil, which I accepted readily, we were working hard to provide the Language Pack Portuguese Brazil to Joomla! 3.4.0 (file attached to this post).

Best Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Helvecio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Helvecio » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello djfeliz!

You have asked questions about me in this thread, so I am glad to answer them.

Who is Helvecio?

I am Helvecio, a graphic and web designer based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In 2003 I discovered Mambo and followed the lead to Joomla in 2005. I speak english as a second language since I was a toddler. I love to develop my projects with Joomla.

What were his contributions to the Joomla Project during all these years?

In 2012, I got closer to the global community through the Joomla Community Magazine where I have been a regular contributor as an illustrator. Eventually, I also contribute with articles in both Englisn and Portuguese to the magazine.

Since then I have also been contributing in several different ways to the Joomla Project: creating graphics and visual identities for Joomla Days and Joomla User Groups in Brazil and abroad, creating graphics for the Joomla Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages.

Currently, I also contribute to the Joomla Design Team in. Last year I started contributing with the translation of the Joomla Docs to Portuguese, but, due to professional matters, had to quit for the moment.

I hope I have answered the questions of djfeliz. If there are any further questions, just ask!

Regarding Brazilian Portuguese x Portugal Portuguese, djfeliz is right when he says there are differences between the countries. The current 3.4.0 pack pack aims to make it as easy as possible for general audiences to assimilate it, avoiding terms in english when making sense. For example: the term site can be translated but, when refering to websites, is commonly used and its meaning is clear in Brazil.

I do agree that a translation pack always needs improvement, and all contributors willing to keep the translation active are welcome.

I've been contributing to the Joomla core translation in Transifex as a translator for a while. In the second semester of 2014 Filipe Torres, Marcos Heiski and I started working hard on the pt-BR translation project to help finish it and support the accredited pack to be available quickly, according to the team leader commitment to release a package for 3.3.6 soon, as informed in the foruns.

In December, Javier Gomez from PLT contacted me about looking for someone to help the pt-br translation be back on track. I offered myself to carry on the project. I understand a contact was made with the previous team leader. I don't know what they talked about and I didn't see the need to contact her. Later he told me to contact JM, Joomla translation coordinator.

On Feb, 17th, 2015, I sent a personal email to some people in the Brazilian Joomla community I know to tell the news. The community in general was happy to know about it. This email was copied to other lists and, in reply, the previous team leader claimed that she was unaware of anything, among other things, and that "the translation is still being made by (...) Dagoberto Clemente under my guidance (but not posted (...) due to illness."

Mr. Dagoberto Clemente is djfeliz and has been translating the packages by himself and releasing them on a personal project in JoomlaCode for a while. I was not aware the previous team leader was guiding him in all previous translations before 3.4.0.

Because of his collaboration, when there was no files available at the Joomla!3.x Accredited Translations for the latest releases of Joomla, I invited him last week to be a part of the team. He accepted and, unfortunately, he decided to decline the invitation the next day and explained why in a Facebook post as he did here.

The previous team leader uploaded the packages for the most recent versions last week, only, after I had informed people about that Joomla 3.4 was to be released and the pt-BR translation pack would be available.

I hope this has clarified somewhat this matter.

Thank you all!
Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva
Graphic and Web Designer
Joomla Website Developer
http://hlvc.design

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Ok man,

Be happy in your way, I prefer to remain a "freelancer" and contribute to the Joomla Project, providing the Language Packs in Portuguese Brazil as I have done for a long time. I strongly refuse to join your team, I prefer to go it alone with my contributions to the Joomla Project !.

Whether you accept it or not, technically speaking, avoid using terms in English computer glossary, is the same as wanting to modify the Dictionary of Psychology or even the engineering dictionary, I can cite the glossary of terms used in the gyms. That is, the Joomla CMS has technical terms that have been created since its first version (this can be interpreted as a digital signature chosen by members of the Joomla team! Core), and should not be modified without prior authorization.

I will not go into the merits or desmérito the question, I am not one to make decisions, I'm just an active contributor (although me away for 3 years by personal issues that left me no time to work with the Joomla Project since 2005).

I'm coming out of this discussion, which is not part of my thing, as I said, I will repeat ... I am not a politician, but I have my right to make my own decisions and participate in teams I even make my own choices.

I pulled the Joomla Forum in Portuguese because of the treatment that the leader moderator FaBMAK and his friends had with my person, creating enmity free, which made me away for a long time ... Unfortunately Joomla Forum in Brazil as well!: undo an "pot" is created another.

* "Pot" - closed group of some members that does not allow the inclusion of other users

Since you want to embrace the world, comes into contact with the Joomla Forum leaders and ask to be their chief moderator of the Forum Joomla in Portuguese and away the Ariadne of its duties and its collaboration with the Joomla Project as a collaborator.

Best Regards

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:17 pm

I forgot to say.
A message to the Underwriters leaders to remove the code of conduct, because before deciding to change the Portuguese translation coordinator (Brazil), should have come into contact with the ancient language coordinator to know what was going on. But it seems that the "conflict of interest" is greater than seeking solutions to improve the teams. If a person, who works as a volunteer, devotes his time to help the Joomla Project !, at least this person deserves respect.

http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the- ... nduct.html

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:57 am

@djfeliz
Please, stop the paranoia.
It is true I did not try to contact Ariadne when we changed pt-BR coordinator. I thought it was useless as we had no News from her for a full year. Since 3.2.0 (the last pack she posted on our common repository), we have asked all Translation teams to update their packages for EACH joomla release, through the private forum AND by specific mail on our mailing list. She is on the list. I also left at the time a message on her facebook account. Nothing.

I consider this incident closed. As I said, please collaborate with Helvecio for the good of the pt-BR users.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

djfeliz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by djfeliz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:50 pm

Sorry Jean-Marie,

Because not agree with some Lead Manager's decisions not signifca that is paranoia on my part, since it was not me who created the problem. I think this label of "paranoia" should be assigned to the right people.

Sorry Jean-Marie again ... But I prefer to continue my collaboration with the Joomla Project contributing to the translation Packages (working on freelance) for Brazilian users, supporting the groups created on Facebook to help users.

I will also consider this incident closed. While we have fun with volunteer work, we are happy to collaborate, but at the moment we left to have fun, we also have no reason to cooperate.

Best Regards

Return to “Tradução”