[CC] Error when adding new connector + other errors

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
rudinz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[CC] Error when adding new connector + other errors

Post by rudinz » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:57 pm

Update:I did a clean install of JM leaving he old db as is...and installed com_connector....vb_soap module a JMSOAP...now I dont have any errors. but when I try to login with a user account(as opposed to the admin account) I get an incorrect username/password error(The user exists on vB but not on JM)....I used to have vBridge and I uninstalled as leonsio described....So do my users need a password reset now? or will it work fine if I install vB application connector?

PHP v5.1.2
MySQL v4.1
OS - Debian Sarge
Webserver - Apache with cgi
Joomla 1.0.8
com_connector 1.0.0
vbulletin v3.5.4

Installed stuff:
com_connector
JMSOAP
[MODULE] vBulletin_soap
vBulletin SOAP API

Hi leonsio...thanks for the bridge....when I click on new to add vbulletin (SOAP) I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: options in /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 139

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 140

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 140

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 142

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 142

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 143

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in  /home/*****/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 143
I had vbridge and followed ur instructions and uninstalled it and installed com_conector. I also installed the vb soap api for vb and everything is set as you have described.

Ignoring the errors...I went ahead and added vb(soap). now when I tried to login with my admin account it worked fine but when I login with a normal user account that I have on vB I got the following error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/***/components/com_connector/modules/vbulletin.class.php on line 44

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/***/includes/joomla.php on line 1040
DB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 SQL=UPDATE jos_users SET connector_cookies = 'a:0:{}' WHERE id =
SQL =

UPDATE jos_users
 SET connector_cookies = 'a:0:{}'
 WHERE id =
I checked this forum and saw that you asked couple of members to update the joomla.php from the c4u.to site ( http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,43954.0.html) so I went ahead and updated the file and the errors were gone but.....Now when I login I get the following errosr:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/***/components/com_connector/modules/vbulletin.class.php on line 44
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/***/includes/joomla.php on line 1038
Also, when I try to edit the soap settings in joomla in the 2nd page where we need to give the soap server url and the passkey I see the following error:

Notice: Undefined variable: html in /home/***/administrator/components/com_connector/admin.connector.php on line 250
So summing all up...here are the problems:
1)Errors while adding vb(soap) settings in joomla
2)went ahead and added the soap info...and get a DB function failed with error number 1064
3)patched joomla.php again with the file u gave for the above problem
4)now i get different type of errors.
5)also error when editing the vb soap settings in joomla
Last edited by rudinz on Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

rudinz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: [CC] Error when adding new connector + other errors

Post by rudinz » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:00 am

Update:I did a clean install of JM leaving he old db as is...and installed com_connector....vb_soap module a JMSOAP...now I dont have any errors. but when I try to login with a user account(as opposed to the admin account) I get an incorrect username/password error(The user exists on vB but not on JM)....I used to have vBridge and I uninstalled as leonsio described....So do my users need a password reset now? or will it work fine if I install vB application connector?

any help regarding this is appreciated...............

Also, leonsio if everything works fine....I will write the documentation for vB
Last edited by rudinz on Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

rudinz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rudinz » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:18 am

here is something more I observed...if I leave the SOAP server url blank in the vbulletin_soap module config....I get an error which says that it cannot connect to the SOAP server and also gives me invalid login/password error....well that is fine

but when I just give a randon url say like http://www.****.com for the soap server instead of http://****.com/forums/soap/server.php?wsdl I jus get the invalid login/password error  ??? ??? ???

leonsio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by leonsio » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:43 am

1. you should set error_reporting in the php.ini to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
( all errors but not notices

a.if you have used vBridge, you should leave ALL users in vbulletin
and delete ALL user ( except Admin ) in Joomla

b. delete all vBridge files and replace it with new joomla version

c. then you should give new admin password ( like admin user in vbulletin )

d. login with admin user and install com_connector

3. the soap servers ( joomla and vbulletin )  needs connection key
which you can setup in vbulletin admincp  or add in configuration.php

i have included some examples for every soap server, try this and you will see that does not work

rudinz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rudinz » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 pm

leonsio wrote: 1. you should set error_reporting in the php.ini to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
( all errors but not notices
It is already set...now I have no errors after a clean install
a.if you have used vBridge, you should leave ALL users in vbulletin
and delete ALL user ( except Admin ) in Joomla
Done as you have said
b. delete all vBridge files and replace it with new joomla version
done and installed with JM 1.0.8
c. then you should give new admin password ( like admin user in vbulletin )
did this:    update jos_users set password=MD5('MYNEWPASSWORD') where username='YOURADMINUSERNAME';
d. login with admin user and install com_connector
done
3. the soap servers ( joomla and vbulletin )  needs connection key
which you can setup in vbulletin admincp  or add in configuration.php
done.....
by the first login of a users, com_connector looks by vbulletin if a user is exists
if yes, it will be automaticaly created in joomla as joomla user

so that you dont need to synchronise the users any more, it will be maked by com_connector on first login
Tha above thing is not happening........
I have also installed the vb connector....now I am able to login with my admin account to JM which also logs me into vB....but when I try to login as a user in JM (who exists in vB but not in JM)....I get a Incorrect username / password.....basically JM connector is not adding the vb user to the JM database...So what should I do to resolve this?
Last edited by rudinz on Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leonsio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by leonsio » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:36 pm

have you tryed the soap examples?

in the connector settings you must setup the option to add user to joomla  and/or application

rudinz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rudinz » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:39 pm

leonsio wrote: have you tryed the soap examples?

in the connector settings you must setup the option to add user to joomla  and/or application
no..but I will try them soon.....ok now I am using mysql instead of soap...when i login to Joomla...i get an incorrect username/password error. But if i login to the forum directly and then logout and login from joomla...it works...so basically vb-->joomla is working but joomla-->vb is not....

also when I add $mosConfig_soapKey='testkey'; to the configuration.php it gets deleted once I login to the admin cp in Joomla....what should I do.?

leonsio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by leonsio » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:27 pm

put it on top of soap.server.php after <?php

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”