vB Drupal: Community Plumbing

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
fyjpm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

vB Drupal: Community Plumbing

Post by fyjpm » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:11 pm

Maybe slightly off topic, but I thought that it might provoke ideas for vBridge - even if just to review code techniques...fwiw:
vB Integration: This is not just a "bridge". vBulletin and Drupal share the same user base, login, sessions, user groups, permissions and custom profile fields, style and theme.
Here's the thread url:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthre ... ge=1&pp=15
Last edited by kenmcd on Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: vB Drupal: Community Plumbing

Post by Predator » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:40 pm

Thanks fyjpm,

missed this Post, yes it is interesting, but does to much changes to vBulletin, i want to reduce changes as much as possible, but i will dip into it.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 pm

Actually, Predator, you should post your vBridge component on http://www.vbulletin.org .
It will help bring users to vBridge.

Of course, a component called "vBridge" will be too generic sounding at vbulletin.org, I guess you'll have to call it vBridge for Joomla!

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:44 pm

EMRhelp.org wrote: Actually, Predator, you should post your vBridge component on http://www.vbulletin.org .
It will help bring users to vBridge.

Of course, a component called "vBridge" will be too generic sounding at vbulletin.org, I guess you'll have to call it vBridge for Joomla!
You are not the first one who told me to do this :D will wait until everything is free of issues. Hopefully i will bring more user to Joomla ;)
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:21 pm

fyjpm wrote: Maybe slightly off topic, but I thought that it might provoke ideas for vBridge - even if just to review code techniques...fwiw:
vB Integration: This is not just a "bridge". vBulletin and Drupal share the same user base, login, sessions, user groups, permissions and custom profile fields, style and theme.
Here's the thread url:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthre ... ge=1&pp=15
Can you put a link to this forum on your Drupal site ?  In fairness .... to enable users to pick the software which best suits them.  Thank you for your understanding.

twitch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by twitch » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:37 pm

You are not the first one who told me to do this Cheesy will wait until everything is free of issues. Hopefully i will bring more user to Joomla Wink
You will bring a ton of new users to Joomla, I gaurantee you that.

clenard
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by clenard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:03 am

twitch wrote:
You are not the first one who told me to do this Cheesy will wait until everything is free of issues. Hopefully i will bring more user to Joomla Wink
You will bring a ton of new users to Joomla, I gaurantee you that.
But if I'm not mistaken, don't you have to do all of the Support on vb.org? I believe that's the case with any release... unless It's otherwise approved by the Administration.  ???

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”