Page 1 of 1

Current plans possible problem for future plans of upgrading vbridge

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:14 am
by rgbman
We currently have joomla 1.0.2 and vbulletin 3.0.7  Will we have any problems if we go the combined database route and use vbridge rc1 and later decide to go the vb3.5 / seperate database route?  Besides the obvious down time we would have from changing things around.  Is it better to start one way?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Current plans possible problem for future plans of upgrading vbridge

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:58 am
by kenmcd
While making the manual and screenshots I upgraded
- from:  vBridge 1.0, Joomla 1.0.0, and vBulletin 3.0.7
- to:  vBridge 1.1, Joomla 1.0.2, and vBulletin 3.5 Gold

Been making notes to keep track of how I did it for an Upgrade section in the manual.

For now - yes, it is possible, just did it.
Actually it was not that hard.
With good step-by-step instructions, it should take less than an hour.

Re: Current plans possible problem for future plans of upgrading vbridge

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:03 am
by rgbman
So did you split up your database into 2 seperate or are you still keeping them together?
Thanks

Re: Current plans possible problem for future plans of upgrading vbridge

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:08 am
by kenmcd
I kept the Joomla and vBulletin tables in the same database.

Splitting them should not be difficult.
- Move the tables to the separate database
- Set Use other Database for vBulletin to Yes
- Enter new database info (Host, User, Password, Name, Prefix)
Done

Re: Current plans possible problem for future plans of upgrading vbridge

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:45 pm
by rgbman
Ok final question.  Seeing that I know very little about mysql, is there a speed or performance enhancement for keeping both in the same database.  Or separate.
Our userbase will be 3-5K
Thanks