Joomla->vBulletin Bridge or J-Bridge......

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
dankness
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla->vBulletin Bridge or J-Bridge......

Post by dankness » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:13 pm

Hello,  I have noticed alot of people are looking for a bridge componet,  I have been developing a Bridge between the 2 applications for alittle while now for my personal usage and its currently being used on my main website which was a Vbulletin site that added Joomla so it already had 5k VB members and no Joomla members....

The way my bridge will work is use the vBulletin User Tables and Data and upon Login create a Joomla! user on the Fly so to speak.  Basicly it will use set of User Tables and just create the Joomla users as they login but only in the SESSION variables and not in the Joomla DB...
I currently have afew more issues to work out with it and i will be releasing it soon i belive.  Now i have spent alot of work designing a good bridge software and since just to start a demo site for it i will have to purchase a 160$ VB license i will not be releasing it free sorry but it will be reasonabily priced for sure.  My method of intergration only requires changes to Joomla.PHP and Index.PHP unless you want to intregate some of VB's Templates then u have to alter ur Index.PHP template file also but it allows for a execellent looking intregration.

I will post a link to a demo site in the near future.  If you hve any suggestions to features please post them in this thread and i will review them and probably add them to the software.

opentech
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla->vBulletin Bridge or J-Bridge......

Post by opentech » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:50 am

Hello,

Interested in this bridge. Could you send me more info please?

Magnumutz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla->vBulletin Bridge or J-Bridge......

Post by Magnumutz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:40 am

dankness, if you would actually read the T.O.S. of vBulletin, you'd know that they let you have a test site... And you don't have to pay for it.

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”