vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
Spaz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Post by Spaz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:17 pm

Are the salt values the same in both vb and jomla user table, i know preditor did do a fix but just checking.

BrianB
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by BrianB » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:45 am

BrianB wrote: Just a bit more testing... I think it may be something with the login module not passing the proper password to Joomla.

I created a user using the user registration process.  That user can then login to vB, but not Joomla.  I then upgraded the Joomla account to a backend Manager, and it can login to the backend... but still not the frontend.
I tried unplublishing the vBridge login module, and use the Joomla login module (trying to see if perhaps the login module is the issue), and I get the same error message when trying to login to the frontend - a popup that says "Incorrect username or password.  Please try again."

But I am still able to login to the Joomla backend... so the passwords in the database are correct... its just the frontend login.

side
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by side » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:33 pm

Predator wrote: For you: just copy the value of the field salt of your vBulletin User to your similare Joomla! User 

Dear Predator,

I do appreciate all effort you are doing to make a vbridge fonctionnal.
Anyway, like Predatorkill, i downloaded the package from source forge (i'm updating from 1.21 to 1.22)
and there is still today 11/11/05 no warning about the joomla backend logging need.
Please add it, i guess many will have similar problem otherwise.

Now i felt into same problem as predator kill.
I'm logged into my MySQL browser and admin, and well, i simply don't know where to find vbuser, joomla user, etc..
Is it possible to get a step by step instructions to fix this problem for people who wasn't logged in admin ?

It would be greatly appreciated.

As an optionnal question, may i ask, when do you think a really STABLE version will comes out ?
We noticed 2 problems on 1.21:
1) the very first of last post wasn't displayed
2) the polls wasn't working anymore after the installation (you must accept cookies problem)

Thanx for your help, and congratz for your work so far.

PS:  i have uploaded the functions.vbridge.php already, and both DB are shared into the same one

EDIT: I finally managed to make it work alone, thanx.
for those who are wondering:
Go to PHPmyadmin, your SQL management tools:

1) search for table USER (vb user table), select it and click display, it will show your user list, choose administrator, and check the value of SALT field. copy that using right click after selecting (it's 3 characaters length)

2) search for table jos_users (Joomla user table, prefix may change if you have used a custom one), select it, and click display, it will show your user list, choose admin or administrator (what ever log you were using previously to log in your joomla admin), check you should have a small button/icon to EDIT/Modify , click it and paste the value you copied from USER into the SALT field. click to save.

3) Try to log into Joomla admin again, it should work

WARNING: i don't know if you need to copy functions.vbridge.php or not in order to work, i have copied it and didn't try wihtout it. it seems to work using it.

We will now test if the bugs we had seen before i fixed or not.

Regards.
Last edited by side on Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

side
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by side » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:17 pm

After testing, the polls are still not working. does anyone have a fix for this ?

taylor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by taylor » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:26 pm

@side if you speaking of the default poll module It has a cookie problem. Its looking for a cookie that it hasn't created try pollxt It works.. I really want a fix for the defaul poll module though. Preffer how it handles things over pollxt.

Also I got a question. The vbridge does it onlyw ork in one directrion from vbulletin to joomla i realize something the other day. I edited a user made him an author andhe couldn't log in when i asked him to check if he could submit an article etc. Turns out becuase the password fields where blank his password was lost when i saved / update his account. I had to set his password to temp and then ask him to change it with the userdetail link i placed in the usermenu. This now leads me to the reason for my previous question if the bridge works one way that would enable a user to have 2 different passwords for joomla and vbulletin respectively wouldn't it. I'm not sure if this is how it is its a theory.. Am i wrong?

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:42 pm

taylor wrote: @side if you speaking of the default poll module It has a cookie problem. Its looking for a cookie that it hasn't created try pollxt It works.. I really want a fix for the defaul poll module though. Preffer how it handles things over pollxt.

Also I got a question. The vbridge does it onlyw ork in one directrion from vbulletin to joomla i realize something the other day. I edited a user made him an author andhe couldn't log in when i asked him to check if he could submit an article etc. Turns out becuase the password fields where blank his password was lost when i saved / update his account. I had to set his password to temp and then ask him to change it with the userdetail link i placed in the usermenu. This now leads me to the reason for my previous question if the bridge works one way that would enable a user to have 2 different passwords for joomla and vbulletin respectively wouldn't it. I'm not sure if this is how it is its a theory.. Am i wrong?
I m having the same issue,the only thing i really cant realize is if the User is set as Manager in joomla he must be set to moderator in vbulletin also?

If a user is Administrator in Joomla,then how i must set him up in vbulletin?As administrator?And if i dont want him to administrate the vbulletin?What i must do?

If the users must have the same "ranks" in both joomla and vbulletin,then how the "ranks" match each other?
Oσοι παιζετε xbox live ελατε στο http://www.xbox-live.gr ....

taylor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by taylor » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:45 pm

yep sorta the same issue which is why i'm trying to understand the nature of the bridge before i take any more steps at trying to solve the problem

side
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by side » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:46 pm

taylor wrote: @side if you speaking of the default poll module It has a cookie problem. Its looking for a cookie that it hasn't created try pollxt It works.. I really want a fix for the defaul poll module though. Preffer how it handles things over pollxt.

Hi about the Polls, i'm asking here if there is any connection between Vbridge and cookies problem, cause i read about someone who have 2 web sites one with vbridge, and the other one without vbridge, and he reported the cookies problem on the one with vbridge, i saw that you were active poster in that thread too:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=9590.msg88522

May be he got cookies before, like i read some user had and didn't notice about cookies problem. i mean if it's not a fresh installation.

Anyway, for this and for your question, i'm pretty new to Joomla, Vbulletin, Vbridge and all thoses bugs ;) .. so i can't really help you, but as soon as i found something, i'll let you know.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:48 pm

side wrote:

Hi about the Polls, i'm asking here if there is any connection between Vbridge and cookies problem, cause i read about someone who have 2 web sites one with vbridge, and the other one without vbridge, and he reported the cookies problem on the one with vbridge, i saw that you were active poster in that thread too:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=9590.msg88522

May be he got cookies before, like i read some user had and didn't notice about cookies problem. i mean if it's not a fresh installation.

Anyway, for this and for your question, i'm pretty new to Joomla, Vbulletin, Vbridge and all thoses bugs ;) .. so i can't really help you, but as soon as i found something, i'll let you know.
I have look into the com_poll and you're right, there is a connection, com_poll ask about the sessioncookie, i have made this cookie easier so com_poll didn't find the requested one.

I'm working this weekend on the issues, so will fix this also ;)
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

taylor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by taylor » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:35 pm

Sweet i really didn't like pollxt as soon as this is fixed i'll be returning to joomla poll compontent.  :)

side
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by side » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:27 pm

Predator wrote: I have look into the com_poll and you're right, there is a connection, com_poll ask about the sessioncookie, i have made this cookie easier so com_poll didn't find the requested one.

I'm working this weekend on the issues, so will fix this also ;)
Great great great !!!
Really nice to heard !! thanx m8 !!!
Last edited by side on Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qbonoguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by qbonoguy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:48 pm

My forum is currently in a subdomain. Is there any way to get vBridge to work if my forum is not under the Joomla root?
--> Brian Robertson

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:25 pm

qbonoguy wrote: My forum is currently in a subdomain. Is there any way to get vBridge to work if my forum is not under the Joomla root?
I have added to the cookieoptions a cookiedomain value, so the cookies should than also work with subdomains.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

qbonoguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by qbonoguy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:27 pm

I don't understand how to add the new "salt" user... What is the mysql command?
--> Brian Robertson

qbonoguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by qbonoguy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:17 pm

Looks like the "salt" user is added during the com install...

Another question... what am I supposed to put in for the Absolute Path? It always says Incorrect path no matter what I put... I've put:

/forum/vb
/httpdocs/forum/vb
//httpdocs/forum/vb
/vhosts//httpdocs/forum/vb
/httpd/vhosts//httpdocs/forum/vb
/home/httpd/vhosts//httpdocs/forum/vb

It always says Incorrect path... and when I put the entire Absolute path the vbridge configuration loads itself outside of the Joomla Admin template... like it's unwrapped...

What am I doing wrong?
--> Brian Robertson

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:18 pm

qbonoguy wrote: I don't understand how to add the new "salt" user... What is the mysql command?

ALTER TABLE #__users ADD `salt` char( 3 ) NOT NULL

#__ replace with your prefix like jos_users

qbonoguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by qbonoguy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:22 pm

Boy, I'm just having one problem after another here...

How do I make the Menu button to make it load vBulletin?

There was a "Forum" button in my menu that I guess one of the install files created, but when I renamed it it stopped working.

Thanks again...
--> Brian Robertson

Anrulz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Anrulz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:05 pm

Predator can you please check you PM ? :'(

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:42 pm

What's the current status of the bridge?  Is there a working version released?  Anyone have luck with the new version?

dsendecki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dsendecki » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:25 pm

Predator's working on things, and has said that he's been pretty busy with twork for the last couple of weeks, but the next couple will see some work done on this.

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:42 pm

Can this be used on Mambo's latest version?
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
Virtual American Airlines
http://www.virtualaa.com

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:59 pm

ERuiz wrote: Can this be used on Mambo's latest version?
No, the Joomla Version not but at http://www.wh-solution.com there are some Mambo Version.

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:10 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Predator! I figured that out the HARD WAY! HAHAAHAHAH So I just deleted everything, downloaded Joomla 1.0.4 and just finished installing it. Gonna give the vBridge a try now! Wish me luck! Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Efrain
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:42 pm

I am getting the following 2 errors:

1. In the configuration tab of the Bridge Configuration page, it says that vb3_ is an oncorrect prefix. I have double and triple checked this and vb3_ is the correct prefix.

2. On the installation tab of the Bridge Configuration page, I get this error:

Warning: copy(/home/airpr/public_html/forums/includes/config.bak.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/airpr/public_html/administrator/components/com_bridge/functions.vbridge.php on line 188

ERROR: Could not write config.bak.php

Thanks for any help on this.

Efrain
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:59 pm

Ok, I fixed the vb3_ issue. I was not setting vBridge to use the vBulletin database and this was the problem, since Joomla and vBulletin are installed on different databases.

But I just can't get past the second error which I stated on my previous post.

Warning: copy(/home/airpr/public_html/forums/includes/config.bak.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/airpr/public_html/administrator/components/com_bridge/functions.vbridge.php on line 188

Efrain
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:19 pm

ERuiz wrote: Ok, I fixed the vb3_ issue. I was not setting vBridge to use the vBulletin database and this was the problem, since Joomla and vBulletin are installed on different databases.

But I just can't get past the second error which I stated on my previous post.

Efrain
The include folder of vbullettin is not writeable , chmod to 0777 when the backup file is writen back to 0755 or delete the line in the code, i will ad a check in there.

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:50 pm

Ok, I did that and also went ahead and installed VB on the same database as Joomla and everything installed great! But there is still one thing listed as NOT INSTALLED:

not installed       Patch index.php from the current mambo theme: rhuk_solarflare_ii

How do I patch this index.php file? And would I also need to patch it again if I install a new theme?

UPDATE: I uploaded the modified files from the /uploads folder within the vBridge package and I still get the not installed warning. And even when I login within the website, if I go to the forums, I appear as not logged in at the forums.
Last edited by ERuiz on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:13 pm

ERuiz wrote: Ok, I did that and also went ahead and installed VB on the same database as Joomla and everything installed great! But there is still one thing listed as NOT INSTALLED:

not installed       Patch index.php from the current mambo theme: rhuk_solarflare_ii

How do I patch this index.php file? And would I also need to patch it again if I install a new theme?

UPDATE: I uploaded the modified files from the /uploads folder within the vBridge package and I still get the not installed warning. And even when I login within the website, if I go to the forums, I appear as not logged in at the forums.
You use the wrapped or unwrapped mode? patching index.php of the theme is only needed when using wrapped mode.

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:19 pm

Yes, I am using the wrapped mode. Also, I can't login via vB. And once I'm logged in via Joomla, I cannot logout by hitting the logout button on Joomla.
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:25 pm

ERuiz wrote: Yes, I am using the wrapped mode. Also, I can't login via vB. And once I'm logged in via Joomla, I cannot logout by hitting the logout button on Joomla.
Have you sync the user?

For the Theme index.php put this on the very top before <?php

Code: Select all

<!-- Begin Joomla-vBridge from WH-SOLUTION -->

<script type='text/javascript'>
	<!--
	if (top.frames.length!=0) {
	if (window.location.href.replace)
	top.location.replace(self.location.href);
	else
	top.location.href=self.document.href;
	}
	// -->
	</script>
<!-- End Joomla-vBridge -->

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”