vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Joomla! vbridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 Gold released

Manuals are available thanks to kenmcd

Download Manuals

Download Joomla! Version for the vBulletin 3.5 Series here

Bugtracker here

Requirements
----------------------------------------

- Joomla! 1.0.1 / 1.0.2 / 1.0.3 installed and working
- vBulletin 3.5 RC3 / 3.5 Gold / 3.5.1 installed and working
- vBulletin must be under the joomla root i.e.

If Joomla! is in:
/home/httpd/vhosts/sitename.com/httpdocs/

vBullettin should be in:
/home/httpd/vhosts/sitename.com/httpdocs/forum

If you use it outside, please check if the /forum/includes/config.php contains the needed values which are normally will added with the install.vbridge.php
Changelog:

Joomla vbridge 1.22

2005/11/03

Bugfix: database error - reported by BrianB
Bugfix: Sync errors due to the multidatabase
Bugfix: Joomla! Backend modify user
Bugfix: securityfix - reported by leonsio
Added: Userfield salt to save queries - contributed by leonsio
Update Instruction:

Important: During the update you must be logged in in your Joomla! Backend

If you upgrade from a previous Version, you have to add a field in the jos_user table:

ALTER TABLE jos_users ADD `salt` char( 3 ) NOT NULL

Repace the prefix jos_ with your choosen prefix.

Overwrite all files for the vbridge in administrator/components/com_vbridge
Reupload all Joomla! files in the upload folder

Go to your vBridge Configuration->Installation and click

[verify] done  Synchronize Joomla! and vBulletin users.

After jumping to the first Tab click again the Installation Tab and now you are able to run sync again
this will add the needed values for the new field.

For feedback please use this Thread here.
Last edited by Predator on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:10 pm

Mark,the plugin in vbulletin must be updated too?
Oσοι παιζετε xbox live ελατε στο http://www.xbox-live.gr ....

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:11 pm

predatorkill wrote: Mark,the plugin in vbulletin must be updated to?
No there are no changes on them if you use the latest plugins from 1.21
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:17 pm

Mark,i cant login to my admin cp in joomla.

I suggest to all users upgrading to be logged into their admincp before they upgrade so they can sync the users...

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:25 pm

predatorkill wrote: Mark,i cant login to my admin cp in joomla.

I suggest to all users upgrading to be logged into their admincp before they upgrade so they can sync the users...
Ahh yes very important, you must be logged in.

For you: just copy the value of the field salt of your vBulletin User to your similare Joomla! User 
Last edited by Predator on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:28 pm

I ll kill you Mark!! ;D predator vs predator!!!! ;D

I m gonna fix it now!

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:33 pm

predatorkill wrote: I ll kill you Mark!! ;D predator vs predator!!!! ;D

I m gonna fix it now!
You won't kill a baby predator or?  :P

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:37 pm

Mark i ve copied the field and i get a huge mysql error when i click sync.

After logged in i should put my changed field as admin back to empty field and then resync as being logged in??

Place "You must be logged in to admin cp before upgrade" with huge letters somewhere!!!! ;D

EDIT:Just saw the big letters!! Put BIGGER!!! ;D

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:40 pm

predatorkill wrote: Mark i ve copied the field and i get a huge mysql error when i click sync.

After logged in i should put my changed field as admin back to empty field and then resync as being logged in??

Place "You must be logged in to admin cp before upgrade" with huge letters somewhere!!!! ;D

EDIT:Just saw the big letters!! Put BIGGER!!! ;D
Woking now for you?

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:41 pm

Success : Mambo[Unknown table \\\'user\\\' in on clause SQL=SELECT joomla_users.id, vb350_user.userid, \\n vb350_user.usergroupid, vb350_user.username, \\n vb350_user.password, vb350_user.salt, vb350_user.email, \\n vb350_user.joindate, vb350_user.lastvisit \\n FROM vb350_user AS vb350_user \\n LEFT JOIN joomla_users ON joomla_users.username=user.username \\n WHERE joomla_users.username IS NULL OR joomla_users.salt =\\\'\\\' OR joomla_users.vb_userid = \\\'0\\\'] / VB[0] inserted

that's the sql error.

I ve emptied the field salt after logged in and i get the same thing!

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:44 pm

It seems it cant make the fields in joomla_users salt field to me...Cos after sync the field salt is still empty!
Last edited by predatorkill on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:50 pm

predatorkill wrote: Success : Mambo[Unknown table \\\'user\\\' in on clause SQL=SELECT joomla_users.id, vb350_user.userid, \\n vb350_user.usergroupid, vb350_user.username, \\n vb350_user.password, vb350_user.salt, vb350_user.email, \\n vb350_user.joindate, vb350_user.lastvisit \\n FROM vb350_user AS vb350_user \\n LEFT JOIN joomla_users ON joomla_users.username=user.username \\n WHERE joomla_users.username IS NULL OR joomla_users.salt =\\\'\\\' OR joomla_users.vb_userid = \\\'0\\\'] / VB[0] inserted

that's the sql error.

I ve emptied the field salt after logged in and i get the same thing!
I had not this error but i guess i know what it cause. Can you replace the function.vbridge.php with the attached one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:53 pm

Problem fixed...Thanx Mark!

What could have caused this?

EDIT:The salt field in joomla_users is filled correctly.(as expected) :D

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:55 pm

predatorkill wrote: Success : Mambo[Unknown table \\\'user\\\' in on clause SQL=SELECT joomla_users.id, vb350_user.userid, \\n vb350_user.usergroupid, vb350_user.username, \\n vb350_user.password, vb350_user.salt, vb350_user.email, \\n vb350_user.joindate, vb350_user.lastvisit \\n FROM vb350_user AS vb350_user \\n LEFT JOIN joomla_users ON joomla_users.username=user.username \\n WHERE joomla_users.username IS NULL OR joomla_users.salt =\\\'\\\' OR joomla_users.vb_userid = \\\'0\\\'] / VB[0] inserted
joomla_users.username=user.username

has to be

joomla_users.username=vb350_user.username

Without it has worked for me with also, so better with.

Thanks for the quick Test. Rest is woking?

Package is updated.
Last edited by Predator on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Last bug...Predatorkill pray to God... :D  I was the unlucky to test it first,but someone had to do it!!

Yes all rest are working as normal!!

Mark,if you find time,pleaz fix the module 1.4 so it will show the correct times/dates!!

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 pm

predatorkill wrote: Last bug...Predatorkill pray to God... :D  I was the unlucky to test it first,but someone had to do it!!

Yes all rest are working as normal!!

Mark,if you find time,pleaz fix the module 1.4 so it will show the correct times/dates!!

OK Predatorkiller  :laugh: hope there are no more issues with the bridge so time to check the module and still awaiting some feedback about the discussionbot.

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:42 pm

I'm installing this for the first time -- had some bumps, but all went well.

Until I went to sync users, then I got this:

Table \'auralmo_vbb.jos_users\' doesn\'t exist SQL=UPDATE jos_users\n SET password = \'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',\n vb_userid = \'776\',\n salt = \'>9A\'\n WHERE id = \'63\'

I'm using two separate databases "auralmo_vbb" is my vbulletin db, and "Jooma" is my joomla db.  I've changed the password encoding here to xxxxx for any possible security problems posting this. What's this referring to?  Any idea on how I can fix it?

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:49 pm

Okay, I read the above - where exactly is that file located?

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:49 pm

Avian wrote: I'm installing this for the first time -- had some bumps, but all went well.

Until I went to sync users, then I got this:

Table \'auralmo_vbb.jos_users\' doesn\'t exist SQL=UPDATE jos_users\n SET password = \'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',\n vb_userid = \'776\',\n salt = \'>9A\'\n WHERE id = \'63\'

I'm using two separate databases "auralmo_vbb" is my vbulletin db, and "Jooma" is my joomla db.  I've changed the password encoding here to xxxxx for any possible security problems posting this. What's this referring to?  Any idea on how I can fix it?
With some mysql versions there are trouble, this will be fixed in Joomla! 1.0.4 please replace the joomla/includes/database.php wih the attached one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:55 pm

That worked!  Moving on the rest of the installation.  Thanks Predator!  Looks like a fantastic piece of software.  Congrats!

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:58 pm

I noticed that I have to upload several files to overwrite Joomla 1.0.3 files - does this mean there's gonna be a problem when Joomla is updated again?

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:08 pm

Avian wrote: I noticed that I have to upload several files to overwrite Joomla 1.0.3 files - does this mean there's gonna be a problem when Joomla is updated again?
Due to the Joomla! 1.0.x Series i will update the files if neccassary, so only overwriting is needed.

For the upcoming Joomla! 1.1 where is no more need for hacking corefiles, there i will use a vbridge Userbot ;)

BrianB
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by BrianB » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:25 am

I am not sure what is happening... seems like 90% is working for me...  keep in mind my forum is in a subdomain (by the way - I could not find anywhere to add in my full path to search possible locations of vB).

My users are synced (the install went fine as per instructions here, and I am also trying the database.php file you provided here). 

I had 2 users total... the Joomla admin acct, and the vB admin acct.

Both users can login to vB using th vB site login
My vB admin acct can login to the Joomla admin CP
My Joomla admin acct cannot login to the Joomla CP anymore
Neither acct is able to login to the Joomla site using the vBridge login module.

So I think the users are properly synced in vB... but something wacky is happening in Joomla.

I have used the vB Admin acct logged into Joomla admin CP to reset the Joomla admin acct password... and still I cannot login to Joomla admin CP with the Joomla admin acct... 

Same deal for new user registration... I can create the user.  Get registered, no probs.... but if I use that new user to login to Joomla, I get the popup box "Incorrect username or password.  Please try again".  If I go directly to my vB... use the same userid / password, the user logs in without issue.
Last edited by BrianB on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrianB
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by BrianB » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:01 am

Just a bit more testing... I think it may be something with the login module not passing the proper password to Joomla.

I created a user using the user registration process.  That user can then login to vB, but not Joomla.  I then upgraded the Joomla account to a backend Manager, and it can login to the backend... but still not the frontend.

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:10 am

BrianB wrote: Just a bit more testing... I think it may be something with the login module not passing the proper password to Joomla.

I created a user using the user registration process.  That user can then login to vB, but not Joomla.  I then upgraded the Joomla account to a backend Manager, and it can login to the backend... but still not the frontend.
Yes, I'm getting something similar.  When I first installed and sync'd, it seemed to work as advertised.  But something made it enter this mode.  Here's what I experience.

User1 (super administrator) is logged into Joomla.  I click on Administrator, it asks me for same name and password, but it will not let me log into the admin cpanel.  Try to log into vbull, and it won't allow me to log in at all.  But again, I can log into the main joomla page with the login module.

But when I first installed, it WAS working fine.  Something set it off, and it won't recover.

Shadow_84
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Shadow_84 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 pm

First thanks for the nice Software,

but since I tried to install it from Version 1 on, I always had a problem, we could LogIn through Joomla and vBulletin, but only when the user logged himself in via vBulletin he was also logged in in Joomla, when the User logged in via Joomla, he wasn't automaticly logged in in vBulletin.

Also when the user logged in throug the forum and clicked on the Logout Button in Joomla, he first got an Error message which said "Bei der Abmeldung trat ein Fehler auf. Klicken Sie hier, um sich abzumelden." what means, there occured an Error, pleasy klick here to log out. This error does not occur if the user logs himself in in Joomla and clicks on the logout button there.

Joomla are in the same database, one has the prefix "vb3_" the other "jos_", and they use the same user and password! vBulletin isstored in a subdirectory of joomla. Also there are more then one domain pointing to the webspace used...

Hope you can help us!

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:08 pm

Hmm will look into this, i have checked it several times ( the 1.22 ) and works great for me.

Had 21 vBulletin User and 1 Joomla! User sync went smooth and all are able to log in.

Had 16 Joomla! User and 1 vBulletin User sync went smooth all are able to log in.

So really weird? Will test this again on a other box and also at an other Server.

Shadow_84
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Shadow_84 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:24 pm

Predator wrote: Hmm will look into this, i have checked it several times ( the 1.22 ) and works great for me.

Had 21 vBulletin User and 1 Joomla! User sync went smooth and all are able to log in.

Had 16 Joomla! User and 1 vBulletin User sync went smooth all are able to log in.

So really weird? Will test this again on a other box and also at an other Server.
the import and exerything went smooth, the problem is after a user logged himself into joomla, he isn't logged into teh vbulletin, hope i made myself clear...

thx

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:28 pm

Shadow_84 wrote:
Predator wrote: Hmm will look into this, i have checked it several times ( the 1.22 ) and works great for me.

the import and exerything went smooth, the problem is after a user logged himself into joomla, he isn't logged into teh vbulletin, hope i made myself clear...

thx
May you can sent me a PM with your Details for the site ( if it is online, URL, Temp account  )

Avian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Avian » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:26 pm

My problem described above is different - users actually can't log into either -- it says wrong username/password.  but it DID work...  sync doesn't make a difference.

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”