Should I use 1 or 2 databases?

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
qbonoguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Should I use 1 or 2 databases?

Post by qbonoguy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:21 pm

For the life of me I can't get vbridge to work properly with 2 databases, so I'm going to bite the bullet and try to do it using 1 databases. Are there any disadvantages to using 1 database rather than 2?
Last edited by kenmcd on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--> Brian Robertson

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Should I use 1 or 2 databases?

Post by Predator » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 pm

No this bridge was before using only 1 database and no probs, most probs are now due to the change of multidatabase, but i have the next 2 weeks more time to give the bridge a totall overwork which is currently needed i guess.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

qbonoguy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by qbonoguy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:25 pm

I changed to 1 databases and it's working now... Logout seems buggy, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what the problem seems to be...
--> Brian Robertson

Mr_Bob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mr_Bob » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:30 pm

Good to hear you got it to work with one database qbonoguy (btw the chmd for the config area worked, but I still ended up with the many other problems you have had we're in the same boat with duel databases) :).  I'm still leaning toward two.  It will put less stress on one database making everything just work a bit faster for the member end (at least that is what I've experienced) so when you get out a fixed up duel database integration I'll be trying to jump on the boat again
Welcome to my little world.

DJ RRebel
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DJ RRebel » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:35 am

Is the only difference performence?  Or are there other programming or features availlable or ease of development or security issues as well?

If performence is the only difference, how much of a difference are we talking about?  Significant or minor?

I haven't even actually installed Joomla yet, so I'm sorry if my questions seem to be a little basic.  :-[

sysop
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sysop » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:25 am

I dont think change anithing on the performance b4 it works yes on a different database but on the same server.
If it be on a different server it would be able  to slow down, it depends from the state of different server and how work the vbridge code, anyway in  line of motto it doesn't change performance :)
VOTE FOR JOOMLA!, UK LINUX AWARDS: http://snipurl.com/xhga
Vote for Joomla! NOW http://www.packtpub.com/article/final_five_joomla

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”