Help on integrate joomla 1.04 and VB3.50

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
nengrong
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Help on integrate joomla 1.04 and VB3.50

Post by nengrong » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:54 pm

I exactly followed the manual.

After I imported vBridge in VB control panel, my VB login began to fail with following error:

vBulletin 3.5.0 database error:
mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'MOS_HOST' (1)
/home/huayen/public_html/demo/vb/includes/class_core.php on line 270

I havn't begun install component in Joomla.

Anyone can tell me why this happen? As long as Iuninstall theat vbridge plugin from VB, the error diappeared.

Thanks !

Nengrong
signature

Mr_Bob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Help on integrate joomla 1.04 and VB3.50

Post by Mr_Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:00 am

Once the bridge product is imported into VB it changes part of the login scheme which causes this error.  You need to either finish the Vbridge installation (going into Joomla components, etc note though with this version only if you are using the same database do people seem to be getting Vbridge to work until the bug fix release is made out shortly) or you need to disable the product plugins.  Now, how can you do that when you are not logged in?  Well, the VB team was keen enough to know there will be people like you (and me at one point) that will somehow mess up everything because of plugins :D.  Just follow the instructions at this url http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main ... gins.  This will disable plugins globally and allow you to delete the component plugins.

Remember though, if you finish the Vbridge installation (like I couldn't  ;D) the error will go away.
Welcome to my little world.

nengrong
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nengrong » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:07 am

I really hate to let joomla and vbb share same database, but now I have to do this in order to make my integration work. I will try what you told me.

DO you think in near future the release of bug fix will make separate database possible. If so, I will wait for that and then set up my forum formally. Lickily, my forum is still in trial run.
signature

Mr_Bob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mr_Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:43 am

That's actually what Predator is working on now.  Vbridge (technically) already supports using two databases (has to be on the same server though).  However, when trying to use the multi-database function there are many problems and things that just go wrong.  He is working hard over the next 2 weeks to fix these issues so everyone can enjoy vBridge :).

I have the same issue as you in the sense of using the same database.  I chose multi for reasons of speed (maybe, theory of mine :D), and simple organization (OK forum gets this database, site gets this.,....if one gets corrupt then at least one is spared :D).  I'm waiting myself these next couple weeks for the fix release which I am really looking forward to.  I have a site in development that will really benefit from vBridge in the way I want it set so I'm waiting too:D.
Welcome to my little world.

nengrong
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nengrong » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:07 am

On my further try to bridge joomla and vb, I can not proceed with a prefix error.

In cinfure vbridge component, the joomla system always refuse to accept the vb prefix I input, even though I am sure I input correct one.

I saw lots of people ever discussed prefix problem. I read those posts and got confused. Finally don't get answer and also don't know whether those guys fixed the prefix problem.

SO, if this is still a bug to be fixed, I will stop here and wait for bug release. If not, any one can tell me how to do? Thanks.
signature

nengrong
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by nengrong » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:09 am

I am also waiting for new release. But now, I am just try fresh install of joomla and vb, and try vbridge to get a preparing impression.
signature

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”