vBridge 1.3 Beta for vBulletin 3.5 released

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
sysop
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: vBridge 1.3 Beta for vBulletin 3.5 released

Post by sysop » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:07 pm

Ah, I showing the vbridge version installed is 1.22 too in a new installation...
VOTE FOR JOOMLA!, UK LINUX AWARDS: http://snipurl.com/xhga
Vote for Joomla! NOW http://www.packtpub.com/article/final_five_joomla

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:09 pm

sysop wrote: Ah, I showing the vbridge version installed is 1.22 too in a new installation...
Upps where?
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

sysop
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sysop » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 pm

When I click on Component -> vbridge -> Configuration, down the page where I set, path, mysql server ecc ecc...
Version of vbulletin is correct 3.52, but the vbridge result 1.22
VOTE FOR JOOMLA!, UK LINUX AWARDS: http://snipurl.com/xhga
Vote for Joomla! NOW http://www.packtpub.com/article/final_five_joomla

stone
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stone » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:18 pm

In my case there is 1.3

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:19 pm

sysop wrote: When I click on Component -> vbridge -> Configuration, down the page where I set, path, mysql server ecc ecc...
Version of vbulletin is correct 3.52, but the vbridge result 1.22
Funny this is in the new Version Hardcode with 1.3 so the XML function is dropped. I have just downloaded a Version and installed shows 1.3
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

gregorym
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gregorym » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:47 pm

I am going to try as well :)

I so much want all of this working. I will do a fresh install on 3 different servers and will post feeback here.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:21 am

stefaandk wrote: I've tried the above on home Linux but I run the same env on my live server, Php 4, MySQL 4.1 is what my boxes are running on fedora.

If you ever need an additional server to test things in Pred let me know,  I have my own dedicated server running Plesk and I'm quite happy to set you up with an environment there if you ever need an extra one.

Cheers.

Thanks for your offer have 3 server runing myself :D so somewhere space to test. I 'm runing SuSE LInux on my Desktop with PHP 5.0.5 and MySQL 4.1.14

Mr_Bob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mr_Bob » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:34 am

Nice Job Predator :)

However, I have not begun the configuration or installation past uploading and installing the component.  When loading the configuration page internet explorer is returning (when clicking the small icon showing errors exist somewhere)

:
Line 70
Char 115
Error:  "this.tab" is null or not an object
Code 0
URL: myurl.com/administrator/index.php2?option=con_vbridge
:

This is the same error that appeared along with the save and the entire configuration turns white error accrued, so I am afraid to continue without some type of idea or fix...or something :).
Welcome to my little world.

passenger7
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by passenger7 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:43 am

vbridge 1.3 took care of the cookie problem...I can now log into both joomla and vbridge with no problem. I did notice the following; when registering a new user through vbulletin; user is registered multiple times..so instead of having one entry; I get up to four occurrances of the new user. ???

running:
Joomla 1.0.4
vbulletin 3.5
vbridge 1.3Beta
Last edited by passenger7 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:06 pm

passenger7 wrote: vbridge 1.3 took care of the cookie problem...I can now log into both joomla and vbridge with no problem. I did notice the following; when registering a new user through vbulletin; user is registered multiple times..so instead of having one entry; I get up to four occurrances of the new user. ???

running:
Joomla 1.0.4
vbulletin 3.5
vbridge 1.3Beta
Have you looked into the Pluginsystem, maybe you have the plugins several times.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:07 pm

passenger7 wrote: vbridge 1.3 took care of the cookie problem...I can now log into both joomla and vbridge with no problem. I did notice the following; when registering a new user through vbulletin; user is registered multiple times..so instead of having one entry; I get up to four occurrances of the new user. ???

running:
Joomla 1.0.4
vbulletin 3.5
vbridge 1.3Beta
Ah nice, thought slowly i'm the only one able to login in both without a prob.

stone
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stone » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:20 pm

Predator wrote: Ah nice, thought slowly i'm the only one able to login in both without a prob.
Dont worry, those for whom it works probably just dont write here:) And as far as I checked it works fo me both side, only to finish this synch proces (500 users to go:))
And my advice would be to split disscussion to diferent topcs, as ther is no poind talking about them in one, as it is hard to fallow and find solutions for solved problems

wrang
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wrang » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Sorry about this but what does this do Import my Vbulletin member in Joomla or the jomla in to vbulletin

Best regards

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:44 pm

I have a PRISTINE, BRAND NEW, installation of Joomla 1.0.4 and vBulletin 3.5.2 on my website. I did this to avoid any leftover problems from previous installs. But YET, I am still scared to even start messing with vBridge! hahaha I have an observation to make.

If we want to integrate vBulletin into Joomla, it's because we want to have a nice website look and feel as ONE, and not as 2 different softwares playing along. For this reason, I think the logical thing to do is to force your members and guest to login via JOOMLA and NOT VB. This way, we avoid all these issues about logging in via Joomla or VB and logging out via Joomla or VB,

In my case, vBulletin is off limits to guests. Guest won't even know there is a forum installed on my site because the link to the forum and latest topics are not visible to them. So, I think it would be best if all LOGIN BOXES and LOGOUT LINKS ON VBULLETIN be deleted.

That means that once a member logs in via Joomla, he will already be logged in to vBulletin also and if he wants to logout from the website, he is obligated to logout via Joomla, as there won't be any links to logout via vBulletin.

Am I making sense here? Is this a viable option? I mean, we are getting rid of one side of the equation by not having users login or logout via VB. Let Joomla handle that for them.

Comments before I dive into this new build by Predator and give this idea a try. BTW, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK, PREDATOR!  8)
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
Virtual American Airlines
http://www.virtualaa.com

passenger7
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by passenger7 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Predator wrote:
passenger7 wrote: vbridge 1.3 took care of the cookie problem...I can now log into both joomla and vbridge with no problem. I did notice the following; when registering a new user through vbulletin; user is registered multiple times..so instead of having one entry; I get up to four occurrences of the new user. ???

running:
Joomla 1.0.4
vbulletin 3.5
vbridge 1.3Beta
Have you looked into the Pluginsystem, maybe you have the plugins several times.

Thanks Predator for your overall contributions to OS and for your response.  I do recall deleting the hook functions and importing then again quite a few times..perhaps the removal process did not quite work as expected...I'm assuming
Complete Addmember to Joomla
hook function, due to my multi-removal and insertion of xml plugin,  has perhaps appended to vbulletin multiple times; although, it's not obvious from within the plugin manager, for I see only one occurrence of all 9 hook functions. I did browse the vb3_plugin table to only find the same 9 hook functions found in the plugin manager...any other suggestions??

Please keep in mind that I updated from vbridge 1.22 to 1.3B and update vbulletin from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2...also I had upgraded from mambo to joomla and my table prefix is mos_ instead of jos_
Last edited by passenger7 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:21 pm

Maybe people should make new threads.  With their issues and this only serves as an INDEX to the problems.

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:44 pm

Mark,this time,this baby works like a charm....

The only issue i got is that i cant log in to my admin panel with my normal admin account!!I can log into joomla frontend and forum admincp though..

With my "backup" admin account i can log in normally!

Why's that?

EDIT: I was messing with my users(137 in total),and i found that my nickname was 5 times there,as "Registered" only,but 1 time as "Super Administrator" ???

EDIT2:I ve just noticed that my "backup" admin account was duplicated too!As "Registered" member!!

EDIT3: All my other "Registered" members are just fine!

Mark,thanx a lot for your time and patience with this baby...
Last edited by predatorkill on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oσοι παιζετε xbox live ελατε στο http://www.xbox-live.gr ....

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:49 pm

EMRhelp.org wrote: Maybe people should make new threads.  With their issues and this only serves as an INDEX to the problems.
Have splitted the thread in severals and made them currently sticky.

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:52 pm

predatorkill wrote: Mark,this time,this baby works like a charm....

The only issue i got is that i cant log in to my admin panel with my normal admin account!!I can log into joomla frontend and forum admincp though..

With my "backup" admin account i can log in normally!

Why's that?

EDIT: I was messing with my users(137 in total),and i found that my nickname was 5 times there,as "Registered" only,but 1 time as "Super Administrator" ???
EDIT2:I ve just noticed that my "backup" admin account was duplicated too!As "Registered" member!!
When i read most post now we can reduce the issues to:

Login prob is cause be a sync error ( mostly the first Joomla account, other accounts are working  )
Joomla registration part has issues ( as stated in an other thread )

Can you confirm?
Last edited by Predator on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:55 pm

Mark,i m not sure if i must delete the "Registered" duplicated account of mine.What shall i do?

I cant understand why the normal admin account dont work,and tha backup admin works perfect!!

I suggest to all admins to make a new Super Admin backup account!

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:00 pm

predatorkill wrote: Mark,i m not sure if i must delete the "Registered" duplicated account of mine.What shall i do?

I cant understand why the normal admin account dont work,and tha backup admin works perfect!!

I suggest to all admins to make a new Super Admin backup account!
Try to delete all duplicates and try again.

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Mark i did that,i can login to my joomla backend but i cant login to Vbulletin Admin panel!!! ???

I ve resync the users,but no luck!!

predatorkill
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by predatorkill » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:47 pm

When i deleted the duplicates This baby destroyed my username in forum....Now it's a mess,i ll fix it tonight when i get back home!

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:12 pm

predatorkill wrote: When i deleted the duplicates This baby destroyed my username in forum....Now it's a mess,i ll fix it tonight when i get back home!
Better was to delete them with phpadmin

passenger7
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by passenger7 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:19 pm

Thanks for suggesting that any duplicate records be deleted from phpadmin...this is a workaround for duplicate records removal in Joomla alone..no problem in vbulletin backend.....I see that my existing user, when login for the first time after upgrade using vbridge login, problem occured. After removing duplicates from phpadmin, the duplicates never came back...although the problem still remains for any new registrations...

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:52 pm

passenger7 wrote: Thanks for suggesting that any duplicate records be deleted from phpadmin...this is a workaround for duplicate records removal in Joomla alone..no problem in vbulletin backend.....I see that my existing user, when login for the first time after upgrade using vbridge login, problem occured. After removing duplicates from phpadmin, the duplicates never came back...although the problem still remains for any new registrations...
Registration via Joomla or vB?

passenger7
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by passenger7 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:33 pm

Predator wrote:
passenger7 wrote: Thanks for suggesting that any duplicate records be deleted from phpadmin...this is a workaround for duplicate records removal in Joomla alone..no problem in vbulletin backend.....I see that my existing user, when login for the first time after upgrade using vbridge login, problem occurred. After removing duplicates from phpadmin, the duplicates never came back...although the problem still remains for any new registrations...
Registration via Joomla or vB?
registration via vb generates the duplicate problem I'm having...also, since you asked about joomla..I tried registering this time via joomla...and the user was added in joomla but not vb; at this time I'm not able to thoroughly test registration via joomla. Question, is it worth trying to reinstall the vbridge login module instead of overwriting the files you instruction to replace in upgrading from 1.22 to 1.3;

Jurgen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jurgen » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:02 pm

Hi Marko,

Nice work You do.

I started with a fresh install on FreeBSD (Apache)
Version: Joomla 1.04 and vBulletin 3.5.2 (subdir /forum)
Setup  : wrapped, vbulletin registration, no redirect ro forum

a) The absolute path of vBulletin was not found at install, and only after entering the path and do a save, the version of vBulletin and Joomla was parsed.  Maybe the installation screen should have a PARSE button (next to the absolute path field) So You can capture the values again from the config file, when You set the good path.

b) I study jos_users and bb_user (vBulletin), and the users are synced
  However, when a new user is registered, it is registered three times sometimes two times
c) The admin can login into Joomla, and into vBulletin
d) All users can login into vBulletin
e) All users, except admin, can NOT login into Joomla (activated mod_vbridge_login, desactivated mod_login)

If You do not have a clue, i start to debug the stuff this week...
It's no shame for a coder to talk terrible English,
it's only a shame for a coder to code terribly.

GOODLUX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by GOODLUX » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:36 am

hello -

I'm also having the logon issues. I'm starting with a clean install of:

Joomla 1.0.4
vBulletin 3.5.2
vBulletin Bridge 1.3

I am locked out of every Joomla account except a superuser accont. BTW for anyone who has gotten locked out, here is info about getting back in:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,10985.0.html

I'm not sure what caused the problem...I've tried starting all over with a new vbulletin install, new modules, etc, but I'm still stuck.

I deleted the 3 fields in two tables jos_users, jos_content and deleted the vb_vbridge_conf table. Reinstalled component and login_mod. Dunno.

I'm going to go backwards to see if I can find what is causing the lockout.

stone
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stone » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:03 am

Hi

@Jurgen
as for b) look here  http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,25808.0.html
as for e) hmm, this is sth new, at least I think this is ok in my case

@GOODLUX look here http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,25503.0.html (close to end of this topic)

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”