com_connector CORE download and informations

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
malexs
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: com_connector CORE download and informations

Post by malexs » Sun May 06, 2007 8:50 pm

Hey Romio, Rayzz looks pretty kewl, haven't heard of it before..

It looks pretty full featured though. Just curiously, why do you want to integrate it with Joomla, ie what will joomla add to your mix?

romio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by romio » Mon May 07, 2007 5:12 am

Hi malexs, reason to use com_connector is just to allow my Joomla members to use Rayzz with their current login, so they don't need to register and login again into Rayzz :)

thanks for your comment.

Romio

esperado
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by esperado » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:31 pm

I'm trying to find a bridge between my Joomla 1.0.8 and other apps. So, i was interested in this connector.
No clear exponations on how-to, files diffcult to find, i'm lost... i tried to install.
First upload and copy the upload files, (Wy do this not made by the installer ?), second, upload and install the com_connector by Joomla back-end.
Does-not work: "an other component is using the same folder". All back, installing first the "component, then the "uploads."..
Success. When i open, from the admin, nothing happens, no menus, no configs. Juste an empty page with the toolbar, not a help page, nothing  !
What the hell ?
I tried to make a link in the menu to this component: when i open this link: justs errors. "Module not found, need an object" etc...

Why did this not on a web site, with some *clear* exponation  on how-to and details about what Joomla files are modifed, where the original ones are saved, (i hope they are ?) etc.

I just need a way to login users to an other PHP program via the Joomla Login. I want  a simple solution to share Joomla's $my  in an other program.
Any solution ?
Last edited by esperado on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

creamers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by creamers » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:50 pm

i had problems with it.

i insdtalled it all right thing is i have my all of my site parsed to php 5 i parsed the files with was giving me trouble with to php 4. (i have php 5 4 3.)

and i staill had the same error.

Gossamer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gossamer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:15 pm

You guys know this project is no longer in development correct?  I think it was abandoned a while back.  There is another project for vbulletin to connect the CMS and board, but that looks like it's heading where they are stripping down the core of Joomla where it does not use the Joomla template system and again it's going to compromise the Joomla experience.

But there aren't any documents on this project because I don't think it's supported anywhere.

There are some other bridges you can try, some may be commercial.  Check the extensions directory.

esperado wrote: I'm trying to find a bridge between my Joomla 1.0.8 and other apps. So, i was interested in this connector.
No clear exponations on how-to, files diffcult to find, i'm lost... i tried to install.
First upload and copy the upload files, (Wy do this not made by the installer ?), second, upload and install the com_connector by Joomla back-end.
Does-not work: "an other component is using the same folder". All back, installing first the "component, then the "uploads."..
Success. When i open, from the admin, nothing happens, no menus, no configs. Juste an empty page with the toolbar, not a help page, nothing  !
What the hell ?
I tried to make a link in the menu to this component: when i open this link: justs errors. "Module not found, need an object" etc...

Why did this not on a web site, with some *clear* exponation  on how-to and details about what Joomla files are modifed, where the original ones are saved, (i hope they are ?) etc.

I just need a way to login users to an other PHP program via the Joomla Login. I want  a simple solution to share Joomla's $my  in an other program.
Any solution ?
I LOVE JOOMLA!

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”