elearningforce.dk's joomla-vbulletin bridge - $40

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
dankness
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: elearningforce.dk's joomla-vbulletin bridge - $40

Post by dankness » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:41 am

we do you need 2 seperate user tables?  Wouldnt 1 user table be enough for your site?  Instead of syncing the users why not just change Joomla! to use Vbulletins user tables since VB has stronger user fields, registeration options, etc, etc.  I have already produced a alpha copy of this bridging process and will release a demo site in the very near future possibily by the end of the week for a demo site :P  If you would like to see it in action sooner PM me on these boards and ill send you a link to my current forums but i dont want a massive amount of traffic going there so until i get my other site setup the way i want i cant post the link quite yet.

Also what modules do you think would be good for a VB-Joomla site so far i have managed to create the following
  • Top Ten Posters
  • Hot Topics ( Threads )
  • Whos Online
  • User Welcome Box w/ PM Stats
  • VB Template Intragration into Joomla!
Are there any special features you would like to see added to a bridge? etc etc etc

lukasgraphicscom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by lukasgraphicscom » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm

lukasgraphicscom wrote: I found this thread after I made the purchase for this product.  Do not buy this!  It does not work as advertised.  Even more maddening is that they do not reply to my support emails. 

If you want to waste money send me the money and I'll send 1/2 of it back to you.  That way you only lose half your money and not all  of it. 
They fixed my problem.  I wasn't getting any replies to my support tickets because they said my yahoo email spam filter was blocking their emails.  Same thing with godaddy hosted emails.  Not sure why this would be.

Anyway its fixed and the product seems to work great after many headaches and frustration.

pmcnamara
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by pmcnamara » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 pm

dankness wrote: we do you need 2 seperate user tables?  Wouldnt 1 user table be enough for your site?  Instead of syncing the users why not just change Joomla! to use Vbulletins user tables since VB has stronger user fields, registeration options, etc, etc.  I have already produced a alpha copy of this bridging process and will release a demo site in the very near future possibily by the end of the week for a demo site :P  If you would like to see it in action sooner PM me on these boards and ill send you a link to my current forums but i dont want a massive amount of traffic going there so until i get my other site setup the way i want i cant post the link quite yet.

Also what modules do you think would be good for a VB-Joomla site so far i have managed to create the following
  • Top Ten Posters
  • Hot Topics ( Threads )
  • Whos Online
Are there any special features you would like to see added to a bridge? etc etc etc
This would be very nice..

what would be better is a way to keep the message board inside the Joomla template !!

dankness
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dankness » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:47 pm

pmcnamara wrote:
dankness wrote: we do you need 2 seperate user tables?  Wouldnt 1 user table be enough for your site?  Instead of syncing the users why not just change Joomla! to use Vbulletins user tables since VB has stronger user fields, registeration options, etc, etc.  I have already produced a alpha copy of this bridging process and will release a demo site in the very near future possibily by the end of the week for a demo site :P  If you would like to see it in action sooner PM me on these boards and ill send you a link to my current forums but i dont want a massive amount of traffic going there so until i get my other site setup the way i want i cant post the link quite yet.

• Top Ten Posters
  • Hot Topics ( Threads )
  • Whos Online
This would be very nice..

what would be better is a way to keep the message board inside the Joomla template !!
  Well since im a more experinced VB coder then a Joomla coder, My design will stick Joomla inside the VBulletin template system.  Personally i think VB has a way more advanced and powerful system then Joomla so that is the way i was going.  I do have a test site up for personal testing that i have accomplished exactly that also.  Whn u login to Joomla, it Pulls the VB Header, NavBar and Footer and places it above Joomla.  That way your site is a seamless intregation.

pmcnamara
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by pmcnamara » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:06 pm

What your failing to realize (or perhaps just don't care) is that all my ads, content, galleries and so forth are done in Joomla.

When a user comes to my website, I want them exposed to that content..  I don't want them to go into the forum and have the rest of my website get lost.

If its out of sight, its out of mind..  I want the user continually to be exposed to it.

yes, it'd be easy to have my joomla user id get accessed from the vB code, but if they can then skip into the forum and not be exposed to the other content, then it defeats the purpose.

As far as vB "advanced" code..  their templates, content management blow..  its great forum software, the rest of it -- layout, templates, content management; isn't good at all.  Maybe its coded well, but as far as whats available, its horrible.

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:50 am

pmcnamara,

You do know about Logician's webtemplates ?
at vbulletin.org ?

pmcnamara
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by pmcnamara » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Yes..  they remind me of the Joomla or Xoops templates from circa 2004

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”