[NOTED] Save & New - Enhancement

terrillb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[NOTED] Save & New - Enhancement

Post by terrillb » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:27 pm

This can be applied in several places throughout the admin system such as Content, Categories, etc. But, for now, let's just use the 'Category Manager' for our example...

You've created a new Section, named "Blah" You want to create ten new Categories, "BlahBlahSomething" though "BlahBlahSomethingElse."

The current routine is: Click New, fill-in the information and click Save. Wait for the 'Category Manager' to reload. Click New. Fill-in. Save. Repeat, ad infinitum.

What you're missing is a 'Save & New' button on the 'Category: new' page. When you're done filling-in the new category information, you click 'Save & New'; you don't have to wait for the 'Category Manager' to reload, just so you can click 'New' again... and again, and...!

If we were creating Menu items, a 'Save & Duplicate' button might be handy, too. For example, if I've got three or four 'Table - Content Category' items to create, then chances are, a lot of the options are going to be very similar. So, 'Save & Duplicate' copies everything I've entered in the current one, into the new one. Then, I change only those things that are different.

Take this thought, add it to every page where you're 'filling-in' something new, and pretty soon, you're saving HOURS worth of waiting for pages to reload, us slow-typists would save wear-and-tear on our index fingers, and dial-up users would really love you!!!

Just a thought...

-- Terrill --
Last edited by masterchief on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other."

masterchief
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: [NOTED] Save & New - Enhancement

Post by masterchief » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:52 am

Noted for discussion for 1.6
Andrew Eddie - Tweet @AndrewEddie
<><
http://eddify.me
http://www.kiva.org/team/joomla - Got Joomla for free? Pay it forward and help fight poverty.

Return to “Wishlist Archives - Archived”