IP address from contacting person

Kampp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

IP address from contacting person

Post by Kampp » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:29 pm

Hi,

I get a lot of spam from people on one of my sites - odly enough the site where there are mostly very young people. Therefore I would like to have this simple feature implemented so there is no need for a hack! Please Please make it possible to have the contacting users IP added to the email, so they can be f.i. blocked!  >:(

Cheers, Kampp
http://www.toolmaster.dk - Danish Joomla Services!

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: IP address from contacting person

Post by Hackwar » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:21 pm

if you look around, you'll find that someone had a similar idea and created a captcha-module, so that you have to type in a few letters and numbers. I can't remember where the thread was... If you post there, they surely can help you.
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

Kampp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Kampp » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:25 am

The need for IP logging is not related to spam, but angry users that can't live up to the site rules/agreements. They spam forums, emails, and everything els where they can write.

I have experienced this on more than 4 sites, and it mostly occurs at sites with low average age.
Is there any thourghts on adding this simple (but needed) feature?
http://www.toolmaster.dk - Danish Joomla Services!

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:39 pm

you can write a plugin or mambot for Joomla (depending on if its 1.5 or 1.0) and let it do the logging for you.
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

Return to “Wishlist Archives - Archived”