Publishing Modules - Additonal Methods e.g. 'All but...'

james_uk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Publishing Modules - Additonal Methods e.g. 'All but...'

Post by james_uk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:20 am

Hey guys,

I've got an idea on publishing modules that will also cater for menu item changes. Currently you can publish modules in two ways:

- Select All (displays on all menu items)
- Selcet Individual Menu Items using the control key

But a third way would be fantastic, don't you think?...

- Select All and then (with the control Key) you select individual menu items to exclude them from the all

That'd be great for a lot of sites, I'm sure. I'm already starting to find it a pain, if I publish a module to a menu item and add another submenu item. The module doesn't show.

I suppose, just thinking about it. It would be just as good to even have a fourth option to publish a menu item (when all is not selected) to a menu link that then also includes all child submenu items.

Just a thought

spinfx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Publishing Modules - Additonal Methods e.g. 'All but...'

Post by spinfx » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:28 am

Nice idea James - would be good to have "All but Home" as an option too, as this is something we require frequently and it's a pain to have to link each new content item to a global module that sits on all but the homepage.

Cheers, David

Pam1234
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Publishing Modules - Additonal Methods e.g. 'All but...'

Post by Pam1234 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:15 am

This is a great idea.  :D

I hate it when I have a module that needs to go everywhere except one page. Then every time I publish a new page I have to remember to go to the module and publish it to that page. What a hassle and potential for error. This is definitely the way to go.

Pam

Return to “Wishlist Archives - Archived”