Lost password ? Send a confirmation link THEN change the password !

japh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Lost password ? Send a confirmation link THEN change the password !

Post by japh » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi all !

First things first: congratulations for the fantastic work that Joomla! dev team is doing ! Great product !

Now, on topic:

FEATURE REQUEST

The "Lost my password" routine should:
- Ask for the user's email address OR the user's "login". One of them is enough.
- Don't change the password immediatly. Instead, send a "verification link" via email to the user's email, asking him to confirm (by following the link) if he/she requested a password change
- If the link is "activated" by the user, change the user's password and send it by email to the user's email account.

Possible to do ? Anyone done it already ?

I "desperatly" need such feature, but my coding skills are pretty close to "none"... and I have a 4000+ community that is being "haunted" by some clown that is using his/her spare time changing the member's passwords ...

Regards,

jayw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Lost password ? Send a confirmation link THEN change the password !

Post by jayw » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:18 am

Did you ever figure out how to change the "Lost Password"  processing? 

I agree it sucks.  Usually if someone cannot remember their password they also do not know their userid and what email address they registered with.

It should work as you describe, enter their user id OR email and Joomla sends a message either with a confirmation link OR the person's userid / password.

Regards,

-jay

Return to “Wishlist Archives - Archived”