Articles being pinned

mitch82.0
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Articles being pinned

Post by mitch82.0 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:26 pm

I love joomla. But there is one thing I can't do with it, I can't pin one article at the top of the main page and have newer articles appear after it. It would be nice if this was an option. I don't know if there are any add ons that would allow me to do this.

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Articles being pinned

Post by Robin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Hi,

You are correct, this is not possible with standard Joomla! There is a workaround though, if you have a module position available, for example called "top" which is located on top of your content. If so, create a new user module, enter your text there, and publish it to that top position. This way you always have a text item on top of your content.

Regards Robin

troy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by troy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:51 pm

Another way to do this is to make your "top" article actually the description text for a category ( assuming your content is a category blog).  This is exactly how I pin content to the top of my page.  In the back end, open Content/Category Manager.  Select a category and put your "sticky" article in the Description test box.  Then make sured you turn on the Show Description parameter when you set up the menu item pointing to this category.

Troy

eyezberg
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by eyezberg » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:04 pm

Yet another suggestion was to use, in frontpage manager, an ordering of -99999 or something like that..
Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. AE
http://joomla15.[URL banned].com for J! 1.5 screenshots
http://www.eyezberg.com

Return to “Wishlist Archives - Archived”