since quite a few of you now have access to the Unit Test repository, may I ask you for some help please?
Our aim is to test the FTP filesystem layer on as many system systems as possible. When that's done, some documentation about supported FTP servers should be created, together with the Documentation Workgroup.
So far, I have tested the FTP layer from three different clients against four different FTP servers. What I would like you to do is to test this FTP library from your installation against all servers you have access to.
If you have some time available, and are willing to help, here is what you need to do:
- Create an empty folder "unittest" within your Joomla! SVN working copy.
- Check out the stable tag from the unit test repository: http://joomlacode.org/svn/joomla/testin ... e/unittest into this new folder
- Copy the file /unittest/tests/libraries/joomla/client/ftp.conf-dist to ftp.conf
- Edit your settings in the file ftp.conf (make sure that directory is not readable from the web, as the file contains your FTP password)
- Comment out line 27 from /unittest/UnitTestController.php:
//include_once( str_replace( UNITTEST_BASE.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '..'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, $file ) );
- Point your browser to
/unittest/ (alternatively, you can of course run the test from the commmand line etc...)
- Run the test libraries->joomla->client->ftp.php
- Switch the setting for FTP_NATIVE (in ftp.conf), to test both modes, native mode and emulated mode:
!defined('FTP_NATIVE') && define('FTP_NATIVE', false);
Make sure the mode got actually changed, by looking at the second output of the test case.
Hopefully, you receive an output similiar to the one attached to this post.
If you get a completely passing test, please post your setup (Client PHP version, Client Operating System, Client native/emulated mode, Server OS, FTP Server software) to this thread. If some tests fail, please post the details of the failing test to this thread.
I'll start to collect the results in the second post of this thread. If you are ableto edit posts on this board, feel free to add passing test results directly into the second post!
For any questions, just ask
Thanks a lot for your help
Edit: Fixed link to new Forge...