Legacy support problem installing JoomSEF

costaballena
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Legacy support problem installing JoomSEF

Post by costaballena » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Description:
When installing Artio Joom SEF component, installer is unable to complete clean install as it does in legacy versions of Joomla. The following errors occur:

Warning: rename(/var/www/website/administrator/components/com_sef/bots/joomsef_metabot.php,/var/www/website/mambots/system/joomsef_metabot.php) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /var/www/jungleroots/administrator/components/com_sef/install.sef.php on line 32

Warning: rename(/var/www/website/administrator/components/com_sef/bots/joomsef_metabot.xml.tmp,/var/www/website/mambots/system/joomsef_metabot.xml) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /var/www/jungleroots/administrator/components/com_sef/install.sef.php on line 33

I resolved the issue by doing the file move/copies myself. The target directories did not exist. I'm not sure why this code would work on legacy and not Joomla 1.5 Rc2. I do have the legacy plugin installed.

Reported on: Joomla 1.5 rc2

Classification:
[Q&T] Critical/High/Medium/Low/Enhancement

Affected functions:
Ability to install the JoomSEF component

Related files:
http://www.artio.net/en/downloads/jooml ... 1/download

Steps to replicate:
1) Download the JoomSEF 2.1.1 plugin which works wonderfully  in the 1.x versions of joomla
2) Install the plugin
3) View the warnings listed above

Analysis:
[Q&T] Confirmed/Unable to confirm/Rejected

Proposed fix(es):

Topic / Artifact ID:

System info:
Client:
Win2k/Firefox2.0.6/

Server: Apache 2.2.2/Redhat Fedora 2.5.0/PhP 5.2.0
'./configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--with-mime-magic=/etc/httpd/conf/magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-mysql' '--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter'
http://www.rainforestestates.com - Costa Rica Real Estate, Retirement Properties

Return to “Quality and Testing - Locked and Archived”