Can't save articles in frontend or backend - 1.5.13

This forum is for reporting bugs in Joomla!. Please don't report problems with extensions in here.
Forum rules
Forum Rules
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
alexzien
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Can't save articles in frontend or backend - 1.5.13

Post by alexzien » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am

I solved it!

It was the plugin "obMassSecCat - Mass Sections and Categories" that added "\r" or "-" to the end of the aliases and names of the categories and sections I added. So I went to my database and removed all "/r" and "-" and then everything worked again!

See here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 1#p2205231

gleonard
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gleonard » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:04 pm

I just installed and set up Joomla 1.5.25 on my PC that is using Windows 7. The first thing I wanted to do was set up a new home page so I began by editing a new article. To my surprise I ran into the same problem that this whole thread is about. To cut the long story short : in the end I found out the problem is with IE. With browsers FireFox and Chrome there is absolutely no problem.

Try it. ;)

kosson
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kosson » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:25 am

The same issue here!
PHP 5.3.3
Joomla! 1.5.25 Stable

I tried every trick in the book (forum). Nothing seems to work for me. I need advice!

There is another issue happening: when I save the article in the backend Joomla throws a 500 error

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.kosson.ro/administrator/index.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

When I reload it gives me the backend OK. This is clearly a very nasty thing and I sense the 2 issues are related somehow?!

Thank you!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, afterwards they will fight you, then you win !" Gandhi

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Bug Reporting”