Joomla Virtuemart and osCommerce

sfpkent
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Joomla Virtuemart and osCommerce

Post by sfpkent » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi friends,

I just want to share some of my personal experience.

Previously I used Joomla 1.0 and virtuemart. Then I swift to osCommerce. Once I swifted to osCommerce, I thought I have made the right choice but actually I made the biggest mistake.

Joomla is just the best Open Source and it's getting stable, getting flexible, getting beautiful and getting more advance.

Even osCommerce still has updates but they use the same old way to update the software - changing php coding!!!

When I swifted back to Joomla 1.5.7 and virtuemart 1.1.2, I am very excited because both of them are very stable and powerful. The most important is user friendly. I am getting less and less to deal with php coding, all done in Joomla admininstration.

Previously, when I want to change the template width, I had to change the code but now, I can do it in the template manager. :D

My advice is, even you are php code expert, don't waste your time to use osCommerce, go for Joomla. The most important thing is, relavancy search engine favour website rich of information rather than only products. ;D

Thank you joomla!
Kent
Internet Marketing Consultant and Web Developer
http://humanwebsite.com.my
http://worldwebcreator.com

skyjuice
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Joomla Virtuemart and osCommerce

Post by skyjuice » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 pm

yah i also totally agree what been mentioned by sfpkent, currently i m in progress creating 1 website for my client using j! 1.5 + virtuemart platform and so far the progress is very good and client also satisfied with the progress but currently still stuck to integrate m2u payment with virtuemart :D so far that joomla is the best platform for me to do all the website task. :D

btw anyone of you already try magento + joomla? its awesome :D
- Time is a created thing. To say, "I don't have time" is like saying "I don't want to." - Lao-Tzu

sfpkent
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sfpkent » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:20 am

Hi skyjuice,

Integrate maybank2u to virtuemart??

How?? Would you mind showing me? Is there any module for Maybank2u??

Thanks!
Kent

amz1608
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amz1608 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:24 am

To integrate with maybank2u or other banks, you have to register with local payment gateway, there are a few in malaysia, but have to pay monthly fees and oso a one time charge, usualy RM200, to setup account. Not sure how much for monthly but not more than RM100 lah... they will integrate the payment gateway for you so u dont need to worry bout that...

havent tried it before though coz if you have to pay per month you must have steady sales each month. But if your serious, why not?

sfpkent
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sfpkent » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 am

Hi amz1608,

I have subscribed payment gateway from netbuilder. I thought maybank is a standalone joomla module rather than attached with payment gateway.

I know how to integrate since I use netbuilder payment gateway. :)

Thanks your advice!
Kent

amz1608
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amz1608 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:20 am

Cool ;D

harchanna
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by harchanna » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:11 am

Hi, mind if i ask..i just install joomla 1.5.9 + ecommerce plugin..but im stuck finding where to make my plugins start to function.. i already enable the plugins but cant find how to i start listing products..please help

sfpkent
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by sfpkent » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:32 am

Hi,

What eCommece component you installed, if you installed virtuemart, then you have to login to your joomla system, go to component, go to virtuemart, add new product in the virtuemart.

harchanna
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by harchanna » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:03 am

i install this ( VirtueMart_1.1.2_eCommerce_Bundle_Joomla_1.5.9 ) but i cat list any product..(actually i cant find where to add product)..can u pls help me..

leowyc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leowyc » Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 am

Hi all,

I have client who has an account in Affin Bank. Does anyone know do Affin Bank provide payment gateway? They are yet to reply me.

xtrememediaworx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xtrememediaworx » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:08 am

Hi There!! I am about to start my own online store.... I have a Question... I am very confused by now for which one to go with. I am good in Joomla and i will prefer such solution which could blend well with joomla architecture.

What version of Virtual Mart and what Version of Joomla do you recommend to use?

And if OS Commerce works better and seamlessly with joomla then do suggest is that a good option to go for or Virual Mart is better.

aidilitm
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aidilitm » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:13 am

Latest version of Joomla and latest version of virtuemart... hahahaha.. that shud do it.

xtrememediaworx
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by xtrememediaworx » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:25 pm

Hmmmmmm!!! i am working on that at the moment hope that it will be fine. I just wanted to make sure that these versions are stable, and/or if someone is already using a particular version then which one is it.....

anyways lets see!!!

alene
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by alene » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:03 am

hi there, i am not sure what i did "wrong" because on my NB i can display my whole shopping cart. however, i have received complaints from others that they "cannot see the whole catalog / online store" and sent me screen shots (which i verified true on iphone as well) - that my store (part of my joomla 1.5 site) only displays 1/4 of the whole page, towards the far right of the page. there is some serious alignment problem... pls advise. i am going nuts as i am new to this and thought virtue mart + joomla 1.5 would be a great help.

thanks

edwardepps
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by edwardepps » Mon May 23, 2011 3:48 pm

skyjuice wrote:btw anyone of you already try magento + joomla? its awesome :D
totally agree with that! the result is goooooood)
Articel about gsm repeater. It works!
I use booster for gsm signal in my big office. It works.

BenDN
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by BenDN » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am

Hi there!

Sorry, for some probably silly questions, but I am new to Joomla and Virtuemart and I don't really know where to start from. So, I would really appreciate some help.

I am currently using Oscommerce as my shopping platform and it was pretty ok until I discovered Joomla. I started some basic testing at my local computer and I fall in love with it :) Comparing to Oscommerce it is so much better in every single aspect. Generally speaking I would like to switch my store from Oscommerce to Joomla + Virtuemart.

But there is one problem: I don't know how to. You guys said that you did it. Could you comment or PM me on how exactly you switched the platform?

.csv import from Oscommerce is not an option since I have pretty customized store and it would take to much time for me to tweak all that stuff (or maybe there is a concrete extension that can do it for me?).

Thus I am looking for some tools recommendations (I found this one, could somebody provide a feedback about them? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... port/24465) or contacts of professional Joomla + Virtuemart developer.

If I am missing some other options please point me the direction so I could Google it.
Thanks in advance :)

Ben.

Matt Bourne
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Matt Bourne » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:33 pm

BenDN wrote:Hi there!

Sorry, for some probably silly questions, but I am new to Joomla and Virtuemart and I don't really know where to start from. So, I would really appreciate some help.

I am currently using Oscommerce as my shopping platform and it was pretty ok until I discovered Joomla. I started some basic testing at my local computer and I fall in love with it :) Comparing to Oscommerce it is so much better in every single aspect. Generally speaking I would like to switch my store from Oscommerce to Joomla + Virtuemart.

But there is one problem: I don't know how to. You guys said that you did it. Could you comment or PM me on how exactly you switched the platform?

.csv import from Oscommerce is not an option since I have pretty customized store and it would take to much time for me to tweak all that stuff (or maybe there is a concrete extension that can do it for me?).

Thus I am looking for some tools recommendations (I found this one, could somebody provide a feedback about them? http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... port/24465) or contacts of professional Joomla + Virtuemart developer.

If I am missing some other options please point me the direction so I could Google it.
Thanks in advance :)

Ben.
Hey.. IMHO

I was there too long ago using VM, the styling was nightmare and the configuration might be daunting works for newbie, like me :-[

Currently, i'm using the hybrid of OpenCart + Joomla! = MijoShop, it's a booming shoping cart now

You got the durable CMS through Joomla! and on the other side you got the reliable shopping cart system with OpenCart

It got the bulky csv import tools, for you to cross transfer your contents, so, just don't be shy :D

Bout the payment gateways, you can easily integrate with Ipay88 or MOLPay, easy as pie :)

Shipping to can be done using the Pos Laju Malaysia, beside the UPS/FeDex or CitiLink etc

Just sharing my experiences, not affiliated with them but just a happy subscriber :)
I use the powerful Joomla SP Page Builder from joomshaper.com in all my web projects

Return to “Malaysian Forum”