phpBB component by Adam

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

ronpeled
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

phpBB component by Adam

Post by ronpeled » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:56 pm

Is there any reason the component is using InnoDB instead of MyISAM table types?

I got the installation to work. I also got the phpBB login module to work. Apperently Adam did a great job and when you login via the module you are logged in for both phpBB and Joomla! Now I am having trouble importing the old forum from an old phpNuke install.

Ron Peled
www.Activo.com - Activo: Providing Magento development services for medium size Magento retailers.
extensions.Activo.com - Activo Extensions: Providing a growing collection of quality magento extensions.

Siox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: phpBB component by Adam

Post by Siox » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:04 am

Plz type any Informations. Versions? is phpBB integrated in old PHPNuke? This question are very hard... We dont know what u have!! More information faster help.

And plz try a search in any other Forums like PHPBB Forum and PHPNuke Forum, for importing ur old data.

ronpeled
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: phpBB component by Adam

Post by ronpeled » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:29 am

The old server (http://www.openworkbench.org) has phpNuke with phpBB 2.0.11 installed on it. I wish to transfer the forum database from there to our new server which has Joomla 1.0.3 with phpBB component by Adam 2.0.16.

What we were able to do so far is to upgrade the phpBB db to 2.0.16 by using the upgrade patches from the phpBB website. We basically upgraded 2.0.11 -> 2.0.12 -> 2.0.13 > 2.0.14 > 2.0.15 > 2.0.16. Now we are hoping to transfer the database from the upgraded phpNuke system to the new Joomla system. Apperently, the main difference (and challenge) will be to transfer the user table and synch it with Joomla.

The curren Joomla installation was installed on a MySQL 4 with Apache 2 on a windows machine. After I changed the default MySQL db creation value to MyIASM I installed the phpBB component and it shows as MyIASM tables.

Hope that clears the picture.

Ron Peled
www.Activo.com - Activo: Providing Magento development services for medium size Magento retailers.
extensions.Activo.com - Activo Extensions: Providing a growing collection of quality magento extensions.

Return to “phpbb - Joomla! Integration”