Can't install extensions

Discuss the integratoin of phpbb and Joomla! here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
jezthomas
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can't install extensions

Post by jezthomas » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:04 am

I have failed to install several extensions that I have downloaded. I have followed the instructions on the joomla forum help pages, and am using the upload package file method, as recommended.
I thought I'd try it with several extensions to ensure it's not the extension itself but something trickier.
When I click the upload file & install button in extension manager I get the message, 'Warning! Failed to move file'.
I am using the XAMPP app to create a virtual host for me to play with locally, rather than have to worry about working with a remote server, and so I'm wondering if that may be complicating things, but it's just a thought; no real reasoning behind that.
Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

euoceo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Can't install extensions

Post by euoceo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:07 am

Check the directory permissions for your website, run FPA, that should point to the issue.
Joomla! Web Hosting, Design, and Consulting.
-Bob

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 am

What version of XAMPP are you running? Joomla 1.0 is not compatible with php 5.3.
You should consider to upgrade to a newer version of Joomla. Are the extensions you are tired to install made for J1.0?

tk20blue
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tk20blue » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm not an expert by any means (I'm pretty new myself) - but I learnt a way to install it when it doesn't work.

1. Using FTP, go to the Joomla installation folders and in the main directory you'll see a "tmp" folder. Create a new folder, and unzip all your new extension files in there.

2. Log in to your backend, click "extensions -> extensions manager" then click the one below the usual upload place, called "Install from Directory".

Should work a treat !

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

You do nothing wrong, but the setup on your server are. Please use the Forum Post Assistant to present the needed to solve your issue

fsilva J123
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fsilva J123 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi!

I have the same problem. I run the FPA, but I do not know what's wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “phpbb - Joomla! Integration”