Page 1 of 6

Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:25 pm
by migs
--- The Joomla! team has been invited to speak on the national conference on FOSS and E-Governance in Manilla, The Philippines. The conference is envisioned to showcase the various FOSS applications developed for and used by local government units in the Philippines, and to discuss issues related to this process as well as to the adaptation of FOSS in supporting good e-governance. The two-day conference will bring together key organisations and experts in various strategic sectors in information and communications technology, development work, policy and local administration. ---
The conference is open to walk-ins. Registration is free, but walk-ins will have to make their own meal arrangements.

To inquire about the conference, please write to: events at lgu.flossp.net Or call: 655-7132, 655-2295, 655-4073, 656-8351(look for Lhenny or Tina)

8) Might be a good place for EB. What do you think?

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:39 pm
by guilliam
hello mike,

thanks for informing. wasnt informed until you posted the thread. posted the official announcement in the PH joomla forum board now.

- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:43 pm
by AmyStephen
G - it was published in yesterday's front page news that Johan is attending

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:47 pm
by guilliam
AmyStephen wrote: G - it was published in yesterday's front page news that Johan is attending
OMG! thats what i get in not reading the main page for two days! :D
have to RESCHED everything whew.

thanks amy, thanks mike for informing.

- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:49 pm
by AmyStephen
No problem! Best wishes for a successful event! I wish I could be there, too.

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:57 pm
by guilliam
AmyStephen wrote: No problem! Best wishes for a successful event! I wish I could be there, too.
wishing the same amy!




thread to cover as discussion of the announcement in the main PH board.


- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:10 pm
by guilliam
@jdam, please inform via PM all filipino on the Filipino PM Notification list ;)

- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:29 pm
by itdude
WOW!  :D :D :D  Thanks for the info comrades. This is so cool! I just hope I could be there  :)  Suddenly I'm so excited!

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:29 pm
by audienceone
Will you be there migs? how about you guilliam?
The conference will be held on March 7-8, 2007 at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.
I'm in the neighborhood so I'll really try to be there.

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm
by guilliam
audienceone wrote: Will you be there migs? how about you guilliam?
The conference will be held on March 7-8, 2007 at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.
I'm in the neighborhood so I'll really try to be there.

already relayed to @jdam to mass inform all pinoys in the pinoy pm list(for announcements).
in great hope,.. YES. currently sorting my sched since biglaan din ako na inform.
asking @ericb if he can volunteer to be the coordinator ng GRAND MATA-BOLA(eye-ball lol) natin. :D

- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:04 pm
by eadwired
yeah! nice one! uhmm ill try to think of applying my leave from the office.

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:47 am
by ericb
Questions:

Where will it be held?
Will Rey G go to the conference?
Will Guilliam be here in manila that time?

:)

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:09 am
by ericb
itdude wrote: WOW!  :D :D :D  Thanks for the info comrades. This is so cool! I just hope I could be there  :)  Suddenly I'm so excited!
sana nga bossing...

sir ardie punta ka ba? siguro mag leave ako ng 2 days para sa conference (siguro palang) pero sa EyeBall punta talaga ako. kung yung conference na yung EB eh punta ako hehe

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:10 am
by ericb
guilliam wrote:
audienceone wrote: Will you be there migs? how about you guilliam?
The conference will be held on March 7-8, 2007 at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.
I'm in the neighborhood so I'll really try to be there.

already relayed to @jdam to mass inform all pinoys in the pinoy pm list(for announcements).
in great hope,.. YES. currently sorting my sched since biglaan din ako na inform.
asking @ericb if he can volunteer to be the coordinator ng GRAND MATA-BOLA(eye-ball lol) natin. :D

- g
waaaaaaa participant nalang ako... wala ako contact number eh... i can contact you all through email kung gusto nyo  :laugh:

uhmm by end of next week magpapa alam na ako kay bossing para sa event na ito :)

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:39 am
by migs
audienceone wrote: Will you be there migs? how about you guilliam?
The conference will be held on March 7-8, 2007 at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel in Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.
I'm in the neighborhood so I'll really try to be there.
dre, punta ako. paalam pa ako dito sa office. here's my contact number 0917-891-8643.

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:52 am
by migs
guys, i already talked to the organizer and limited seats lang to. priority nila iyong mga LGU. this event is only for the seminar and they're planning to have a workshop pero ala pang date so far. they will depend dun sa mga aatend na LGU. babalikan ako ng event organizer kung ilan ang puwede sumama magbibigay sila ng ilang slot sa atin.

g - thanks for posting this event and make a top priority  ;)

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:55 am
by ericb
migs wrote: guys, i already talked to the organizer and limited seats lang to. priority nila iyong mga LGU. this event is only for the seminar and they're planning to have a workshop pero ala pang date so far. they will depend dun sa mga aatend na LGU. babalikan ako ng event organizer kung ilan ang puwede sumama magbibigay sila ng ilang slot sa atin.

g - thanks for posting this event and make a top priority  ;)

sir... please do inform us kung may slots pa. parang interested akong pumunta eh :) pero kung wala ok lang kahit yung EB nalang natin ang attend-an ko :)

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:24 am
by Jdam
;) ok grand EB narin ito if ever


-Jd

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:34 am
by Jdam
sure pupunta yan si Master Rey  ;)

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:58 am
by ericb
Jdam wrote: sure pupunta yan si Master Rey  ;)
ayus!!

oi naghahanap ng ka-EB si wyze. sabado daw

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:02 am
by guilliam
to all non Filipino participants coming in for the event; please go to this thread:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,143473.0.html

so we can include you to our Joomla International Guest List.

- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:16 am
by ericb
Can we have a list here of those pinoys who'll join/attend the Conference?

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 am
by guilliam
ericb wrote: Can we have a list here of those pinoys who'll join/attend the Conference?

hold on eric.. better yet on a separate thread or send a pm directly. that way easier to organize and it will not clutter this thread. :)

hanap lang ako kung sino pwede maging point of contact para sya ang mag hold ng list of pinoy participants(since there is a separate list for intl participants, which i'll handle/organize myself on this thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,143473.0.html ).

- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:29 am
by audienceone
ericb wrote: ...

sir ardie punta ka ba? siguro mag leave ako ng 2 days para sa conference (siguro palang) pero sa EyeBall punta talaga ako. kung yung conference na yung EB eh punta ako hehe
I'll be there for the EB.

Kung puno na slots, we can always meet sa Shangrila Mall and then go to the Hotel to support the conference and Joomla!.

I would suggest that those who will go there to support the conference and support Joomla! get the official shirt? It's a good way to provide "financial support" for the CMS and to show and come together as a group.

If getting the official shirt is expensive to other members, somebody here could probably facilitate a local production and earn a little for it - of course, a portion of the income should go the community for support.

How about it?

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:40 am
by ericb
guilliam wrote:
ericb wrote: Can we have a list here of those pinoys who'll join/attend the Conference?

hold on eric.. better yet on a separate thread or send a pm directly. that way easier to organize and it will not clutter this thread. :)

hanap lang ako kung sino pwede maging point of contact para sya ang mag hold ng list of pinoy participants(since there is a separate list for intl participants, which i'll handle/organize myself on this thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,143473.0.html ).

- g
ok G. :) just send me a message so that i can put my name in there :laugh:

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:02 am
by ericb
audienceone wrote:
audienceone wrote: ...

I would suggest that those who will go there to support the conference and support Joomla! get the official shirt? It's a good way to provide "financial support" for the CMS and to show and come together as a group.

If getting the official shirt is expensive to other members, somebody here could probably facilitate a local production and earn a little for it - of course, a portion of the income should go the community for support.

How about it?
bump! (agad! habang maaga pa at mapag-usapan kung maganda bang may uniform sa conference o EB)
nice idea...

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:06 am
by guilliam
audienceone wrote:
audienceone wrote: ...

I would suggest that those who will go there to support the conference and support Joomla! get the official shirt? It's a good way to provide "financial support" for the CMS and to show and come together as a group.

If getting the official shirt is expensive to other members, somebody here could probably facilitate a local production and earn a little for it - of course, a portion of the income should go the community for support.

How about it?
bump! (agad! habang maaga pa at mapag-usapan kung maganda bang may uniform sa conference o EB)
can you be the facilitator for the ph joomla shirt?

-g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 am
by audienceone
Local production? or we just let everyone order one from the shop? I'm all for getting it right out of the shop.

But I'll check how much it will cost just in case our community decides to get the shirt locally.

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:38 am
by guilliam
audienceone local production. we have limited time though so need to confirm if you can failitate such.


- g

Re: Using Joomla in Local Govt Units (LGUs) - March 7-8 2007

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:43 am
by chette
migs wrote: The conference is open to walk-ins. Registration is free, but walk-ins will have to make their own meal arrangements.
Yup! If you work or do consultancy for LGUs, you won't have any problems with reservations. Just inform Tina your involvement with LGUs, and she'll help you out. She's a darling :)

(Walk-ins are okay, but don't expect seats.)