403 error on login to admin backend

rcorley
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

403 error on login to admin backend

Post by rcorley » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:24 pm

I am unable to access the admin backend of my site. When the login button is pressed, a 403 - Request Forbidden message is displayed with the following call stack:

1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/administrator/index.php:67
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/administrator/includes/application.php:130
3 require_once() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:157
4 LoginController->login() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/administrator/components/com_login/admin.login.php:21
5 JError->raiseError() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/administrator/components/com_login/admin.login.php:59
6 JError->raise() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:173
7 JException->__construct() /home/stjohnse/public_html/development/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:138

Even if the username and password are left blank, the same error is displayed.

Login functions on the front end are working fine. I have checked the file permissions. The site was fully functional after the upgrade from RC3 to RC4 for a few days, then the problem came about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joomla! version 1.5RC4
PHP version 1.5.6
Apache version 1.3.39 (Unix)
MySQL version 5.0.37

Bob
Last edited by rcorley on Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rcorley
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: 403 error on login to admin backend

Post by rcorley » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:45 pm

After some digging, I discovered that the problem was due to the php session.save_path not being set. I am in a shared server environment, and apparently the admin removed this setting from the global configuration. I was able to add the following line into my php.ini file in the administrator folder to correct the problem.

session.save_path = /tmp

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 403 error on login to admin backend

Post by infograf768 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:34 am

Thanks for posting your findings.

Moved to resolved.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf · http://www.info-graf.fr
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

Return to “Q&T 1.5.x Resolved”