Multiple different slideshows on different pages - free!

Forum closed, please submit your tips and tricks to: http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Tips_and_tricks
AtomicBob
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Multiple different slideshows on different pages - free!

Post by AtomicBob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 am

For Joomla! 1.0.x (can't speak for 1.5, haven't used it. Maybe it would work?)

After some agony searching for a free slideshow component or module that would show slideshows with different content on different pages within the same Joomla site, I have discovered that the Simple Image Rotator module (the free version - http://www.joomlaworks.gr/#downloads_section ) can be made to perform this very task by using the Copy module function built into the Joomla back end.

After you get Simple Image Rotator working, and pointed to a directory of images (in my case "images/stories/photos2"), go to your module list in the back end. If you select the checkbox next to the module you wish to copy, in this case the Simple Image Rotator module, and click the "Copy" button on the upper right (between "Unpublish" and "Delete") you will get a second copy of the module. Then you will open that second copy and point it to a different directory of images (in my case "images/stories/photos3"), and assign it to appear on a different page than before (don't forget to publish!). Now you have a different slideshow running on a different page!

You can also rename both of the modules to something that makes life easier for you.

I've got three different slideshows running inside three different content pages so far, and plan to have many more. I hope it holds up!

AtomicBob

bkmjoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Multiple different slideshows on different pages - free!

Post by bkmjoomla » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:26 am

Hello,

Looking for install instructions for SIR...

Do you have any suggestions where I would find such an animal?

Checked the JW SIR forum and it appears from previous posts it does not exist.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Submit Your Suggested Tips & Tricks to Docs.joomla.org now please.”