Joomla 1.5 Create - Modules, Plugins, & Components

Forum closed, please submit your tips and tricks to: http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Tips_and_tricks
dino345
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 1.5 Create - Modules, Plugins, & Components

Post by dino345 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:32 am

Hello Everyone,

Its my 1st week with Joomla 1.5 & I have never worked with CMS system before.

The Fact : Was searching a J1.5 documentation from past 3 days >:( to create my own Modules, Plugins & Components as I wanted to create a website of my own on my own with massive scripts & I solely belong from the few 8) who cannot rely on someone else to build my website or even touch it.

So Guys, I found a Book which teaches you how to build Modules, Components, & Plugins
Publisher : Packt Publishing
Title : Mastering Joomla 1.5 Extension and Framework Development

If you are a novice then go thru the book mentioned below:-
Publisher : Packt Publishing
Title : Building Websites with Joomla 1.5

Please Note : These books are freely available over the internet as torrents on internet, but guys :geek: , Hold on! Someone has put in lot of efforts to create these books, so why not to pay for it & give them something in return :)

Also Note : I havent been through the books yet as I came here to post this topic as soon as I got hold of them as I see everyone searching(Like me :P) for a proper documentation, so take it as a help frm my side & don't forget to say thanx if this helps you out, I will be happy.

Anyway, So far so good... I hope this Tip helps everyone here, & don't forget to help others in need in the forum by answering their questions.. but yea --- > after you become a pro in Joomla Development..

best regards, dino
Last edited by dino345 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mark_up
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Joomla 1.5 Create - Modules, Plugins, & Components

Post by mark_up » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Good tip, but no reason I can think of to promote a website where the books can be stolen.
http://twitter.com/mark_up.
Opinions expressed are mine alone and don't necessarily represent the views of any organisation I am associated with.

dino345
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dino345 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:06 pm

GollumX wrote:Good tip, but no reason I can think of to promote a website where the books can be stolen.
Removed the name of the website, I am new to all this, sorry brov !

mark_up
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mark_up » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 pm

np :)

thanks for removing the link.
http://twitter.com/mark_up.
Opinions expressed are mine alone and don't necessarily represent the views of any organisation I am associated with.

Return to “Submit Your Suggested Tips & Tricks to Docs.joomla.org now please.”