DISCUSSION: Paid Memberships or Subscriptions in Joomla!!

Discuss the FAQ's here, and get in touch with the FAQ Team.
DesignDog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: DISCUSSION: Paid Memberships or Subscriptions in Joomla!!

Post by DesignDog » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:23 pm

skore.

thanks for getting back to me.

I'd love to give it a shot as the component looks great.

Let me know when an update comes out so get rid of the javascript error.

Is there a hack for that? I mean to get rid of the javascript and go to normal buttons?

Maybe you can fix the 8b or 9 before the rest is done? dont know?

The component looks great is without a doubt a fantastic component.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Asphyx:
I understand what you are saying utilizing htacess. sort of a manual way of doing it but in its simple form would work ... skore I think is right and I think what almost sounds a bit like Amember in terms of access priv etc and poss htaccess.
Last edited by DesignDog on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know crap, I just have to do this stuff everyday!"

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 am

The latest dev releases already incorporate this change. It will be in the next full version.

Developer of the AEC Membership Management Component: http://valanx.org
Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe (and so can you: http://www.fsfe.org !)

JoomlaWare
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JoomlaWare » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:32 am

DesignDog - MamboCharge is actually quite simple to install if you are setting up a plain subscription site. There's a quick-start section in the manual that walks you through it step by step and you don't need to hack any code or patch any existing parts of the Joomla core. Also I should point out -- for the purposes of updating the FAQ -- that MamboCharge is being kept up to the minute with Joomla 1.0.10. Joomla is our preferred platform because Mambo still requires patches to the core. We're stuck with maintaining backwards compatibility with folder names, script names, etc., and that's why we have not changed the internal name of the component.

A lot of the problems I've read about here simply don't exist with MamboCharge. For example accounts are activated when the person's payment comes through and are deactivated automatically when they stop paying or cancel. The scripts to do this are extensible so if you want to do something creative when a person subscribes, like send a text message to your cell phone, add or update something in a database or whatever, you can easily add this functionality.

Integrating with other components is a matter of findiing where to install the 'hooks'. We have patch kits for Mosets Tree and Hot Property that allow you to charge for listings. Other applications will definitely require hacks because we can't create any kind of automation to control a component's features if they don't already have hooks to check subscription status. Programmers find this easy to integrate into Joomla because our plugin makes the user's subscription status visible to your other scripts. Documenting this takes up the lion's share of the extensive manual you found so daunting.

I'd welcome the opportunity to walk you through the setup, and perhaps set up a Webex and Skype conference where up to 10 people can follow the steps. Just let me know.

Jeff -- JoomlaWare.com

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:02 am

Yeah, since you commented on some issues JoomlaWare.com, I'd also like to mention that most of the stuff that is in the original FAQ (and in this Thread) is outdated. Thus, there are a lot of issues that are non-existent in the latest Versions of our Component as well. I tried to get to the Author to update the thing a couple of times, but so far nothing has happened. Especially the Joomlapal stuff is frustrating, since there have been numerous reports on their "service" and the FAQ still states that it would be a thing of either like it or don't.
Works well for a members-only site.  There have been a couple hacks made to allow for a two-day trial period, but for the most part, without customization, you cannot have free memberships and paid memberships.  In fact, there have been a lot of hacks posted, of which a few will be included in this FAQ, to get this component working for our basic needs.  You also have to still do a lot of manual moving of users to different tables.  For a fully automated solution, this is not it.  For a well monitored Web site, this may work well with simple subscriptions.
We are currently working on free memberships and better options for switching between payment plans. You don't have to do any manual moving of users, everything is fully automated and there is no need to babysit the component.
Community Builder Integration. The hack can be found here...
No need to hack anymore, the latest Version has it fully integrated and it has been reported to work well.
The Acct Exp Component has had issues with putting users in an exclusion list keeping users blocked even after payment.  This fixes that issue.  This was mentioned to be fixed in the 0.6 version.
Indeend resolved.
Renew Link Functionality / Upgrade Option
AEC has, in the latest Version, full Renewing integrated. Users are automatically sent to an Expiration page where they can choose a payment plan.

Since AEC works very close to the User Workflow of joomla, most components already work with it from the start. You don't need to integrate things like DocMan for example, just as you don't need to integrate anything else that doesn't change something with the User Workflow (which is why CB or JACL do need an integration). In fact, with JACL integrated, you can most likely optimize your registration workflow for components like the Mosets Tree or Hot Property Component as you can specify the user group (gid) that a user is put into when signing up a certain payment plan. Yet I must state, that the AEC is not a component to charge for individual items, like listings in the above mentioned components.

We really need somebody to work the original FAQ over.
Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe (and so can you: http://www.fsfe.org !)

DesignDog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DesignDog » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:14 pm

Jeff.

Thanks for that.
I think and I know from other users that MamboCharge is and Can be installed. No one seems to have complained about setting up or installing MamboCharge before. I think for me when I went to look the Manual if anything seemed to be a bit overwhelming as far as overall installation and also called for many components to be installed along-side MamboCharge to be gathered up and installed in a procedure. My comment was its not a one-step install. It doesnt look to complicated though.

MamboCharge looks like a great component and many people swear by it. I think if your serious about paid membership, MamboCharge is certainly something one should consider, as people have before. It has many features and benefits built in. I think the component is more on a level of aMember. A serious solution to paid membership. The one good thing or bad whoever is considering is that MamboCharge is fully integrated not really separate from Joomla. aMember sort of is.

skore. I started a post regarding paid membership a little while back separately. I've been reading this one which has been around for a while and felt like it needed an update and I just wanted to find out the latest.
It would be great if the author or Someone else could run down the latest on whats around and available like in the next few weeks or month so that the list could be updated. or maybe not?
Last edited by DesignDog on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know crap, I just have to do this stuff everyday!"

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:09 am

This is just the topic I was looking for was the first thing is was thinking about when I readed this topic!
The thing is, if u want to have support from AEC home site u need to pay 30euro's or something to even can get loged in.
I tried to send the Component builder a mail, but he still didn't reply what so ever.

Anyway i have setted up a Joomla! website with the newest version: "Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable"
Than i installed the AEC Component: "com_acctexp080b_jla.zip", with the login module: "mod_login-acctexp081_jla.zip" and everything works good!

But stil after al this good news i have a problem, the thing is.... when somebody tried to register an account on the website. i have implemented an trial period. this trial period is working just good (the cost of the trial period is 0.00 euros), so than the account is just created. but after somebody tries to renew there account, and go for the real account. they need to pay for example 10euro's they payment is made in paypal, i get a e-mail and everything and everything seems good. but the account isn't activated to paiyed stage......

...no i have readed something on the paypal site about Paypal API, but i can't seem to find a way how to set this inside the AEC Component.
This because i wanna have to make these things automaticaly instead of putting all the accounts manualy if the pay for there accounts.

Well i hope i explained the situation correctly and somebody can help me out with this.

Ps.: I also read something in this topic about implementing CB cause that Component has a API inside it or something, well anyway thanks in advanced for any help.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:32 am

JoomlaWare.com wrote:
Jeff -- JoomlaWare.com
Jeff,
I do acknowledge Mambocharge rocks..It is just very mature and stable. The only thing that realy sucks and keeps sucking despite "years" of request is only paypal and that does sucks! Many solid business owners do not want to run paypal....they want autorizenet/2checkout/worldpay etc..if you would have those facilities than your product would smash any other.....now it is only for "webmasters" if you understand what i mean...And it is such a pitty since the prioduct is cool but severely missing addional payment options......

cheers
Leo
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

w1x
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by w1x » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:26 pm

sk0re, any updates on next AEC release date?

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:02 pm

SteZZz wrote:This is just the topic I was looking for was the first thing is was thinking about when I readed this topic!
The thing is, if u want to have support from AEC home site u need to pay 30euro's or something to even can get loged in.
I tried to send the Component builder a mail, but he still didn't reply what so ever.
This is strange, which email adress have you sent the mail to? Did you use our contact component on globalnerd?
SteZZz wrote:But stil after al this good news i have a problem, the thing is.... when somebody tried to register an account on the website. i have implemented an trial period. this trial period is working just good (the cost of the trial period is 0.00 euros), so than the account is just created. but after somebody tries to renew there account, and go for the real account. they need to pay for example 10euro's they payment is made in paypal, i get a e-mail and everything and everything seems good. but the account isn't activated to paiyed stage......
This should not happen. Can you give me a little more info? Like: Which activated do you mean? (joomla activated or AEC activated) Whats the user status? Have you checked the payment log (in the aec db tables) for the entry? Which data is set there?

We will investigate this. My guess is that its a little flaw that was already solved in the dev releases, so we have to play through this scenario on the latest versions.
SteZZz wrote:...no i have readed something on the paypal site about Paypal API, but i can't seem to find a way how to set this inside the AEC Component.
This because i wanna have to make these things automaticaly instead of putting all the accounts manualy if the pay for there accounts.
What you mean is the Paypal IPN (Instant Payment Notification), which is fully integrated in AEC. All of these things should normally run automatically already, its just that you have encountered a bug I'm afraid.
SteZZz wrote:Well i hope i explained the situation correctly and somebody can help me out with this.
Ps.: I also read something in this topic about implementing CB cause that Component has a API inside it or something, well anyway thanks in advanced for any help.
CB is integrated in the latest AEC dev version and reportedly they work well together. CB itself has no payment integrated (although Beat said he is still working on a subscription solution).

leolam:
We are currently working on worldpay, the others are already there ;)

w1x:
Sorry, its taking longer than we thought since some bugs turned up and other features got requested... We initially scheduled the release for... today :D But I'm afraid that we will need a little more time until we iron all the stuff out. I don't want to make any bold promise here, I hope we can get it done within the next two weeks.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:16 pm

skOre wrote: leolam:
We are currently working on worldpay, the others are already there ;)

1.  Others::

I know that but why are you not using them yourselves? I have NO Paypal account! I do not want to have a Paypal account...........So i have no option to read your manuals nor access to forum or support in any circumstance! I have send a request. Helder Garcia replied with questions and I replied how to do it (amongst other 2CO) ....Totally quit and no more replies....so I have asked 3 x to enable me to actually buy something from your site and you do not provide that opportunity. That is BAD! You provide software under GPL but access to support only with a Paypal-account! THAT is BAD! And let's be frankly.....Ryan Remmer (JCE) puts very clearly on his site the reasons for charging (very valid!) You guys state : "allow us to continue so please donate" You might be right in your assumptions and legally correct (you DO provide the software free along the lines of GPL) but no manuals or support...I do need to buy access which you do not grant me because you do not want to be charged 5,5% credit card charges. I want to buy but you do not allow me......Kind of weird!

2. Bugs
The entire extensions.joomla.org is full with bugs in the comments. You guys do not reply. Isn't it time for you to reply to those comments?

Again, understand me right...you make a potential fantastic product which I personally would prefer to other products in similar situations but why don't you make it accesible to the rest of the world for purchase? (read what i said!) The Globe does not stop by 52 or so Paypal countries!

Cheers
Leo
Last edited by leolam on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:20 pm

This is strange, which email adress have you sent the mail to? Did you use our contact component on globalnerd?
I have just used the onsite "Contact Us" Link saying something like : Helder Garcia AEC Project Admin & Developer, Address: Brazil Email: [email protected] http://www.globalnerd.org/index.php?opt ... t&Itemid=3
This should not happen. Can you give me a little more info? Like: Which activated do you mean? (joomla activated or AEC activated) Whats the user status? Have you checked the payment log (in the aec db tables) for the entry? Which data is set there?

We will investigate this. My guess is that its a little flaw that was already solved in the dev releases, so we have to play through this scenario on the latest versions.
Well this is what my phpmyadmin say:

Code: Select all

jos_acctexp 2  latin1_swedish_ci 2,0 KB -  
jos_acctexp_config 1 latin1_swedish_ci 2,2 KB - 
jos_acctexp_config_authorize 1 latin1_swedish_ci 2,0 KB  - 
jos_acctexp_config_paypal 1 latin1_swedish_ci 2,0 KB - 
jos_acctexp_config_vklix 1 latin1_swedish_ci 2,0 KB - 
jos_acctexp_invoices 1 latin1_swedish_ci 2,0 KB - 
jos_acctexp_log_authorize 0 latin1_swedish_ci 1,0 KB - 
[b]jos_acctexp_log_paypal 0 latin1_swedish_ci 1,0 KB  - [/b]
jos_acctexp_log_vklix 0 latin1_swedish_ci 1,0 KB - 
jos_acctexp_plans 3 latin1_swedish_ci 2,5 KB 20 Bytes
jos_acctexp_processors 3 latin1_swedish_ci 2,1 KB - 
jos_acctexp_processors_plans 3 latin1_swedish_ci 2,0 KB - 
jos_acctexp_subscr 21 latin1_swedish_ci 2,9 KB -

And if I have to look at "jos_acctexp_log_paypal 0 latin1_swedish_ci 1,0 KB  - " There is no Data what so ever.
I have used a hotmail gmail account. and the gmail account recieved an mail that the paypal transferd was about the the other dude have send me 0,01 cent, cause i changed the amount from 10.00 to 0,01
Now my paypal account doesn't have any money cause 0,01 cent minus the paypal cause wil resolve into no money, but stil I receaved a mail from payplay that the money was transferd to mind, the one i'm also using in the website (AEC Component).
What you mean is the Paypal IPN (Instant Payment Notification), which is fully integrated in AEC. All of these things should normally run automatically already, its just that you have encountered a bug I'm afraid.
Could u please explain to me how things should work, i mean how is AEC capable to check my paypal status?
CB is integrated in the latest AEC dev version and reportedly they work well together. CB itself has no payment integrated (although Beat said he is still working on a subscription solution).

leolam:
We are currently working on worldpay, the others are already there Wink
NVM about the CB than

And many thanks for ur fast reply and explanations, i hope we can fix this problem soon.

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:51 pm

leolam wrote:I know that but why are you not using them yourselves? I have NO Paypal account! I do not want to have a Paypal account...........So i have no option to read your manuals nor access to forum or support in any circumstance! I have send a request.
Well, for now I wasn't asked for another payment gateway. So I presume you want 2CO payments?
leolam wrote:Helder Garcia replied with questions and I replied how to do it (amongst other 2CO) ....Totally quit and no more replies
Well, I wasn't aware of that and please understand that its sometimes a little hard to keep track on all that is going on. Sorry that we left you down at some point. We still have no central hub for us two to track questions from outside the gn forum, but we should set something like that up.
leolam wrote:You provide software under GPL but access to support only with a Paypal-account! THAT is BAD!
The first part here is that the GPL is always unrelated to the business model. I find it bad as well when GPLed software is sold per license, and thus we put together this mixed model. This is not that uncommon. Apart from that we try to help where we can on other forums, but as you mentioned as well, sometimes we loose track of whats going on everywhere else.

And we would really well like to have you support us with money. Will try to set up a different gateway if you want to :)
leolam wrote:The entire extensions.joomla.org is full with bugs in the comments. You guys do not reply. Isn't it time for you to reply to those comments?
Well, the few bugs that are mentioned there are already solved (well, apart from the "buggy component" comments which we can't track down since it is too general for us to fix ;)). And I don't see no use for us to spam the comments section with our answers. Most of this has been talked about on these forums, so we did answer, just hard to find that stuff now.
leolam wrote:The Globe does not stop by 52 or so Paypal countries!
Again, sorry for that, its really about convenience for us until now, but I see your point and am totally open for suggestions!

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:52 pm

SteZZz wrote: I have just used the onsite "Contact Us" Link saying something like
Ok, thats the right link. Sometimes Helder is a little sloppy with the emails. If he is, just mail me ;D
SteZZz wrote:And if I have to look at "jos_acctexp_log_paypal 0 latin1_swedish_ci 1,0 KB  - " There is no Data what so ever.
And what about the jos_acctexp_subscr table?
SteZZz wrote:I have used a hotmail gmail account. and the gmail account recieved an mail that the paypal transferd was about the the other dude have send me 0,01 cent, cause i changed the amount from 10.00 to 0,01
Just a little inbetween: You do mean 0.01, right? since paypal can't understand no commas and you should get an error for this.
SteZZz wrote:Now my paypal account doesn't have any money cause 0,01 cent minus the paypal cause wil resolve into no money, but stil I receaved a mail from payplay that the money was transferd to mind, the one i'm also using in the website (AEC Component).
[...]
Could u please explain to me how things should work, i mean how is AEC capable to check my paypal status?
It is not. IPN means that the Paypal system will send POST variables about the money transfer back to your server. We catch these and process them to take the right steps.

But this is really strange, normally, when the way to paypal works, the way back works as well. There must be something strange going on. Can you tell me anything else about your setup? Anything out of the ordinary?
SteZZz wrote:And many thanks for ur fast reply and explanations, i hope we can fix this problem soon.
Thanks for staying tuned, we try our best to adress these issues.

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:56 pm

well what should be out of the order?
Can you tell me anything else about your setup? Anything out of the ordinary?
Can u maby explain what could be wrong, can u tell me how the connection should work? please go go into the detail.

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:20 pm

sorry, but I was actually asking because I have no clue at all and thought it might give me an idea. What about your hosting? Installed components that might fool with the user workflow? Installed joomla?

The connection should work fine by itself, thats the problem. So I think something else might be getting in the way. Just don't ask me how :D If I knew, I'd tell you!

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:09 am

skOre wrote: sorry, but I was actually asking because I have no clue at all and thought it might give me an idea. What about your hosting? Installed components that might fool with the user workflow? Installed joomla?

The connection should work fine by itself, thats the problem. So I think something else might be getting in the way. Just don't ask me how :D If I knew, I'd tell you!
well i have my own hosting. just an xampp webserver, without any errors. And it runs under linux debian.
well i have a linux firewall/router and my ping from the outside is disabled. i have no idea what should be wrong about those things but maby they could.......
therefore i ask how the connection should work, through ping or through something els.
the only thing i see is that if the user try to pay for the trial version he gets 3 options : 2 times a paypal and 1 time an offline payment option.
but when he tries to renew the subscription to go into the payed mode. it only have 1 paypal option and 1 offline option. so 1 paypal option disapeard.
maby it has something to do with that. the thing is that i have made a trial version for 0.00 so therefore it will be enabled. but when u wanna go into the payed subscription u need to pay 0.01 euro (so that's 1 euro cent).
and than i receave an email from paypal and the account who sends the payment receave a mail that the transfer is done.
but stil after 1 day the payment isn't completed. so things went wrong. the only thing was that inside my website it said your subscription is completed and u have to wait until the payment at paypal is fully completed until u can use blablabla,anyway u get the point.
so if u want i can turn off the ping disable thing, if that should be the case. furter i have no idea what kind of connection it uses udp tcp or what port, just port 80(webserver port) or something els.

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:16 am

heh, you should have said that before, how is the paypal server supposed to send you something back? He can't find your computer if you have no fixed IP, thus he tries to send the POST data to your local IP and can't find it! And it does not work with anything like a ping, its just plain HTML POST, the standard form transmitting feature of html! You will at least need to have a dyndns IP, and then you will have to set up your joomla so that it knows that its on that dynamix IP so it can tell the AEC to tell Paypal this IP.

It will work without any problems when you use it on a server with a fixed IP/Adress.

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:14 pm

skOre wrote: heh, you should have said that before, how is the paypal server supposed to send you something back? He can't find your computer if you have no fixed IP, thus he tries to send the POST data to your local IP and can't find it! And it does not work with anything like a ping, its just plain HTML POST, the standard form transmitting feature of html! You will at least need to have a dyndns IP, and then you will have to set up your joomla so that it knows that its on that dynamix IP so it can tell the AEC to tell Paypal this IP.

It will work without any problems when you use it on a server with a fixed IP/Adress.
what do u mean with a fixxed ip adres?
i always have the same ip adres what so ever. that why i can host a webserver. otherwise there are some work around that. but like i tell u, I have 1 and the same ip adres.
I don't have a dns server running, cause the dns is extern from the provider i got the dns adres from.
so still if u are saying it's only from html, than maby there went something wrong there, cause like i said before.
first u have 3 options for payment, and that's for activating the trial period. after that and people wanna renew there account so they wanna go into the payed account the user only have the option of 2 payment options. 1 paypal and 1 offline payment.
still I selected the paypal, but this one is different from the one i selected to go into the trial period.
after i made the payment i receaved a message on my own joomla page that everything was done correctly. so like u are saying than, everything should work from there (with html).
but it didn't
the webbrowser i'm using is FF(FireFox) in this situation.
hope i gave u enough information so far, otherwise please contact me on msn for some better communication.

Aly
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Aly » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:38 pm

Sorry to be dense, but is the current release working with Community Builder now? I am waiting to see when it's time to test it out and install on a site in desperate need of this fabulous component :)

DesignGuy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by DesignGuy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:55 am

and does it work for Membership purposes?
John Coonen
Host, CMS Expo Learning & Business Conference - http://CMSExpo.net
Managing Director, The CMS Connection - http://CMSConnection.com
Co-founder, JoomlaChicago

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:18 pm

SteZZz:
Well, in that direction its clear that everything works ok since you send POST variables to the paypal server while setting stuff up. But on the way back there is a problem, and it can't be the html itself. So if you have a fixed IP from your provider, maybe its your internal joomla setup. In your Global Configuration -> Server tab, what is set for your live site? Is it made sure that this is reachable for Paypal?

Aly & DesignGuy:
Yes, CB integration reportedly works very well and of course for membership purposes. Yet we still have lots to do before the next official release, so its still only in the development releases. We try our best to release the next full version soon!

spignataro
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by spignataro » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:08 pm

DesignGuy wrote: and does it work for Membership purposes?
Yes it does. Take a look at http://www.corephp.com or even http://www.globalnerd.org membership works very very well on these sites. It is easy to use and very userfriendly.
Steven Pignataro
-- http://www.corephp.com

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:48 pm

skOre wrote: SteZZz:
Well, in that direction its clear that everything works ok since you send POST variables to the paypal server while setting stuff up. But on the way back there is a problem, and it can't be the html itself. So if you have a fixed IP from your provider, maybe its your internal joomla setup. In your Global Configuration -> Server tab, what is set for your live site? Is it made sure that this is reachable for Paypal?
So please tell me then, i have no idea what so every what could be wrong, cause u me and other people can contact the site through internet, if u can contact me on my mail please do so.

helder
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by helder » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:25 am

Hi Stezzz,

Sorry, sometimes is really hard to deal with all emails, and they are a lot :)
If you have no entries on acctexp_log_paypal table that means you are not receiving back the IPN from PayPal. Can you provide the link of your site? You can pm me if you are not comfortable to post here.

Thanks.

helder
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by helder » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:37 am

leolam wrote:
1.  Others::

I know that but why are you not using them yourselves? I have NO Paypal account! I do not want to have a Paypal account...........So i have no option to read your manuals nor access to forum or support in any circumstance! I have send a request. Helder Garcia replied with questions and I replied how to do it (amongst other 2CO) ....Totally quit and no more replies....so I have asked 3 x to enable me to actually buy something from your site and you do not provide that opportunity. That is BAD! You provide software under GPL but access to support only with a Paypal-account! THAT is BAD! And let's be frankly.....Ryan Remmer (JCE) puts very clearly on his site the reasons for charging (very valid!) You guys state : "allow us to continue so please donate" You might be right in your assumptions and legally correct (you DO provide the software free along the lines of GPL) but no manuals or support...I do need to buy access which you do not grant me because you do not want to be charged 5,5% credit card charges. I want to buy but you do not allow me......Kind of weird!

2. Bugs
The entire extensions.joomla.org is full with bugs in the comments. You guys do not reply. Isn't it time for you to reply to those comments?

Again, understand me right...you make a potential fantastic product which I personally would prefer to other products in similar situations but why don't you make it accesible to the rest of the world for purchase? (read what i said!) The Globe does not stop by 52 or so Paypal countries!

Cheers
Leo
Hi Leo,

Sorry, I didn't answer your last email suggesting to use 2CO at globalnerd but I did consider it. My problem is similar to yours. I live in a country where there is no way I can withdraw the money from there. Actually, PayPal doesn't give me this option too, but there are some local services that give the money in exchange for a percentage fee. And with PayPal I can but things from some sites in my country. With 2CO the money would be "in a jail"  :(
Last edited by helder on Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:41 am

helder wrote: Hi Stezzz,

Sorry, sometimes is really hard to deal with all emails, and they are a lot :)
If you have no entries on acctexp_log_paypal table that means you are not receiving back the IPN from PayPal. Can you provide the link of your site? You can pm me if you are not comfortable to post here.
Well, I'm currently mailing with him, so I think it may be best to state what his problem seems to be right here:

He wanted to have a 1 year trial and a 1 year subscription period after this. What happens when a customer does pay the fee (even before the trial ends), he will not get one extra year after this trial expires, but one year from the current date on. This is somehow not what he wanted, but I'm afraid that this is how it works for now.

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:26 pm

Well, I'm currently mailing with him, so I think it may be best to state what his problem seems to be right here:

He wanted to have a 1 year trial and a 1 year subscription period after this. What happens when a customer does pay the fee (even before the trial ends), he will not get one extra year after this trial expires, but one year from the current date on. This is somehow not what he wanted, but I'm afraid that this is how it works for now.
well i didn't know that from the day the trial version ended the normal period is starting....
i don't think this is the case cause of no entries on acctexp_log_paypal table. but well i try to expire the trial period and see what happends next. and i will keep u in thouch.

SteZZz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SteZZz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:01 pm

well i tried to expire the account, but than it just said the account is expired, the user can still login. and the new payement period didn't start like u ppl said, so please help me out here, cause i need to get this thing fixed asap
thnxs very mutch and sorry for my bad english

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:53 am

There are a lot of issues like that resolved in the latest development releases. Please understand that we can not help you this much over the forum. I also don't know why we are talking here again and not via email O_o

Your statements are also incoherent -
  • Have you got any entry anywhere in your log tables?
  • What is the exact status of a user that has registered and issued a payment in joomla and AEC
  • Do you use any extension to the userflow, like CB - which only works with the latest dev releases
If you do have an entry in your logs, please check exactly what they say. We recently had a problem that comes up when there sometimes is a mismatch between the business id entered in the backend and the one that is sent back from paypal.

And please please please consider joining our site and forum. Its much easier to resolve issues there and the latest dev releases will most likely work much better for you. It would be a nice move considering the free support we try to provide here.[/list]

skOre
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by skOre » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:56 pm

To enflame some interest for our soon-to-be-publicly-released Version 1 RC1:

- CB and JACL integration (extra log in module for CB)
- Support for 2Checkout, Allopass and epsnetpay (eps is still a little experimental though)
- Free payment plans (so you can have free memberships besides paid ones - especially handy with JACL)
- Global free trial (every user won't see anything of payment plans until his first trial expires)
- Lifetime memberships (which means memberships which are paid for but do not expire)

We have also largely reworked the frontend interface in order to fit more websites. Some minor improvements include eCheck exceptions for Paypal (accept when eCheck is cleared), enhanced "NotAllowed page" that the user sees when he tries to access a restricted page, an on-registration ajax check to see if a username is already taken, and a quickstart manual.

Return to “FAQ Discussion Board”