Error: Restricted accessRestricted accessRestricted accessRestricted access

Discuss the FAQ's here, and get in touch with the FAQ Team.
ConorM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error: Restricted accessRestricted accessRestricted accessRestricted access

Post by ConorM » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:17 am

Hi All,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to Joomla but with the help of this community I have managed to get a Joomla website working on my local machine. Now I have come to the stage where I wish to upload it to the server/host and I'm running into difficulties...

I have uploaded all my Joomla/CMS files via FTP and I initially had a string of problems to do with migrating the database to the server/host, but after a lot of tweaking phpMyAdmin informed me that it finally worked.

However, I get the following message when I try to view my site (http://www.lacrosse.wellington.net.nz/index.php):

Restricted accessRestricted accessRestricted accessRestricted accessRestricted access
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: database in /home/lacrosse/public_html/includes/joomla.php on line 79

Now, I've tried to search these forums for a solution to this problem but to no avail. Can someone please point me in the direction of where the problem might lie? I believe that I have correctly modified my configuration.php file (to reflect host/server details) and I can't see anything wrong with my joomla.php file...

Also, please let me know if I haven't provided enough information.
Many thanks in advance,

Conor

montano
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Error: Restricted accessRestricted accessRestricted accessRestricted access

Post by montano » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:24 am

Hi, try doing a Google search for just /includes/joomla.php on line 79  I found some topics that might have the answer you need.

ConorM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error: Restricted accessRestricted accessRestricted accessRestricted access

Post by ConorM » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:48 am

Thanks! Yeah, I tried that again and found a few useful sites.

I think the problem must have been with the absolute path in my configuration.php - I hadn't typed it correctly. Once I had fixed this the site seems to be working... Now on to further testing!

Thanks again!

Return to “FAQ Discussion Board”