HELLO ALL! im a newbie ;D
>>i installed uniform server and when i clicked server start batch file, i see its connecting to localhost plus the uniform server logo, keeps searching for local host but could not open the uniform server page.....
>> im using windows xp pro. while doing my research i found this guide from http://center.uniformserver.com/new_use ... erver_port
1. Start the Command Prompt and then type netstat -ano | find "LISTENING" | find ":80"
1. You'll see a bunch of stuff like "TCP x.x.x.x:80 x.x.x.x:0 LISTENING number", what we're interested in here is number, if there are more than one (which normally shouldn't happen), repeat the steps below for each one
2. Type tasklist /SVC /FI "PID number", replace number with the one you saw after executing the first command.
1. You'll see 3 lines of stuff, but we're only interested in the last line, which should be something like program number service, if program is Skype.exe, you can change the port it listens on; if is not N/A then proceed to the next step
3. Type net stop service, replace service with the one displayed after executing the command above (it shouldn't have any spaces).
1. You should see something like "The xxxx service was stopped successfully", this means that you've got rid of the service (probably IIS) that was using port 80 (and thus making you unable to access Uniform Server);
BUT IN STEP 2, when i typed tasklist /SVC /FI "PID 3276" RETURNS THIS MESSAGE - The search filter cannot be recognized
>>>> 3276 bring the numbr shown when i did step1.
im confused............... pls help me...