Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
sriz786
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Postby sriz786 » Sun May 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Greetings all,

The previous Joomla extension directory was much more simpler, capable, user friendly and gives an important option for new/updated options in last 5 or 7 days.

I requested a while back if we can create a quick search for New/Updated extensions in last 7 days.

This will be very helpful for us to only look at the new/updated extensions in last 7 days.

To give you a a sense of user pain in using current Joomla extension Directory, say if I select New/UPdated option and run search it gives the output of 512 pages of New/Updated extensions listed from A-Z..

Go figure this out how its helping a user to look for recent new/updated extension, it just takes the steam out to search extensions but more importantly limits the capability and desire to purchase new/updated extensions.

Current Extension Search area is self defeating. We got good UI, and we lost usability significantly.

I had stopped using the Search/Find extensions for months. And trust me I will go on a daily basis to look for extensions and read about them.

Have a nice day!!

Riz

ABSolutions
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Postby ABSolutions » Mon May 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi Riz,

The Team is still working on the new JED. I will pass your suggestion along at the next meeting.

AB

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Postby darb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am

And how did the suggestion go? Any update(s)?
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

Return to “Extensions.Joomla.org - Feedback/Information”