Top rules of J 4 compatible listing ranking ?

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Top rules of J 4 compatible listing ranking ?

Post by darb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:26 am

Hi

as the much debated Joomla extensions directory, a very important infrastructure for Joomla community, I wonder how the listing ranks works and ranking for Joomla "Compatible with J4 alpha".

As an example it seems that the ranking is calculated from the J 4 alpha compatible with the number of reviews every extensions have. The more reviews the better position you have on the drop down filter selector "Compatible with J4 alpha".

So the less reviews you have the longer back you will be on the filter list. If you go to tab 9 and you will see listings like Joomshopping that have 130 reviews but are together
joomshopping1.jpg
with listings with only 3 reviews and later there are other lists that have higher reviews than previous extensions too.

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... rfilters=1

So whats the rules that guide the top rankings of this "Compatible with J4 alpha" when some of the extensions that have very high reviews don't are in the top ranking of "Compatible with J4 alpha" ?

Please explain bcs I guess these Joomla extensions developers are very interested of knowing what's going on to improve their listing to the top...

Miss you Mosets Tree :)

Last updated discussions viewtopic.php?f=262&t=973799&p=3582479#p3582479

Filter: https://extensions.joomla.org/index.php ... Itemid=145
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!
Its not what you say its what you do that matters!

Darb - aka ssnobben

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Top rules of J 4 compatible listing ranking ?

Post by anibal_sanchez » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi,

The list of the extension is based on the general algorithm, filtered by the compatibility with Joomla 4.

Best Regards,
@anibal_sanchez - http://blog.anibalhsanchez.com

JED Team Leader

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:44 am

Ok I understand that "the extension is based on the general algorithm"

what I think is that these rules decision filters algorithms could be explained better for all Joomla community JED users so we all JED users understand whats going on.

Dont you think so? Would that be possible to make an explanation how these rules are executed and work?
Success in the long run Its not about the code its about the people and community that's make it!

Darb - aka ssnobben

anibal_sanchez
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by anibal_sanchez » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:38 am

Hi,

I don't have the information you are looking for. If you want to improve the site, feel free to join the team and investigate the system internals.

Best regards
@anibal_sanchez - http://blog.anibalhsanchez.com

JED Team Leader

darb
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by darb » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:00 am

hmm ok so it was not documented and now we all left with no info about that..ok thks Annibal

Darb - aka ssnobben

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”