- Under normal circumstances, it may take up to 21 days before we review your extension for approval.
- Opening a support ticket to inquire the status of your submission prior to the 21 day mark will delay extension approval time.
- When your extension is reviewed by an editor, the editor will select Error Codes that will provide you with the reason(s) that your extension isn't approved. Click here to learn about the Error Codes and the Enhanced Approval Process.
There are several ways you can help the extension submission process go faster and smoother.
As you may know, the Joomla! Extension Directory is supported by volunteers and it takes time to go through all the extensions.
You can help to speed up the approval process by making sure your extension:
- Has errors corrected
- is licensed under the GPL. See this article for details.
- is compatible with Joomla! 2.5 and or Joomla! 3.x. See this article for details.
- has valid links. (Download links need to lead us directly to the download for the extension).
- is installable through the Joomla! (or other) installer unless your submission is submitted under Tools category.
- follows Joomla's Logo and Brand guidelines.
- has permission to use Joomla trademark if your extension or site uses Joomla!'s trademark.
- is downloadable by front-end/public/guest user.
- is installable without error.
- is uploaded to the JED (only editors will see the file)
Where am I in the queue?
To view your current status, login to the JED and click on the "My Page" link on the left. From there you will see all of your listings. The ones in the queue will say "Pending Approval". Click that link to see your current "in-line" number. NOTE: If there are errors with your submission, those must be corrected prior to approval. If they are not corrected within 60 days of submission, your listing is removed. What if my submission has errors?
Once a listing submission has errors marked on it, you loose your place in the approval queue. Once you have fixed the errors and marked the "Errors Corrected" box, an editor will re-review your submission as time permits. Each listing has 60 days from the date of submission to get all errors corrected and the listing published, otherwise they are rejected at day 61.
There is no set time frame for re-reviewing your submission - this is done as volunteer time permits. This is why it is critical to ensure that your submission full complies with all guidelines to ensure speedy approval and lower the amount of volunteer time needed to approve submissions.
Here are some helpful links to reveiw to avoid some common submission errors:
http://docs.joomla.org/JED_Entries_Inst ... _Checklist
The JEDChecker tool is a Joomla extension that helps track down missing index.html files, JEXEC or die commands and encrypted code. Get it here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ools/21336