Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
sriz786
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Post by sriz786 » Sun May 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Greetings all,

The previous Joomla extension directory was much more simpler, capable, user friendly and gives an important option for new/updated options in last 5 or 7 days.

I requested a while back if we can create a quick search for New/Updated extensions in last 7 days.

This will be very helpful for us to only look at the new/updated extensions in last 7 days.

To give you a a sense of user pain in using current Joomla extension Directory, say if I select New/UPdated option and run search it gives the output of 512 pages of New/Updated extensions listed from A-Z..

Go figure this out how its helping a user to look for recent new/updated extension, it just takes the steam out to search extensions but more importantly limits the capability and desire to purchase new/updated extensions.

Current Extension Search area is self defeating. We got good UI, and we lost usability significantly.

I had stopped using the Search/Find extensions for months. And trust me I will go on a daily basis to look for extensions and read about them.

Have a nice day!!

Riz

ABSolutions
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Post by ABSolutions » Mon May 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi Riz,

The Team is still working on the new JED. I will pass your suggestion along at the next meeting.

AB

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Joomla extension Directory "Find the extension"

Post by darb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am

And how did the suggestion go? Any update(s)?

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”