Where the tickets are located

Here you can contact the editors of our Extensions site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.

Moderator: JED Team

Forum rules
Forum Rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Where the tickets are located

Post by sozzled » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Not a major criticism but a little confusing. See the attached screenshot:
JED_tickets.jpg
In the past, a JED user's tickets were located on a tab (labelled "Support Tickets" which, in the image, I've drawn a cross through). This tab is now largely irrelevant except to point to where one can actually submit tickets (as shown in the above image with a large arrow).

One other matter concerns the size of the textarea that the user has available. While there is a textarea drag facility (to increase the height) there's no mechanism to increase the width. The following screenshot illustrates the issue (showing the sizes of these form fields relative to the screen size on my screen):
jedNewTicket.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Where the tickets are located

Post by AMurray » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 am

While your question relates to the necessity of having the "Support" link (tab), I would suggest this is actually by design because the secondary drop-down menu associated with the JED is not responsive. The main top menu for the Joomla site collapses into the 'hamburger' but the "JED" menu items do not.

Therefore the tabs are on the page for that reason and they collapse into the unordered list type menu on smaller screens. Screenshot below is just a reduced browser window on a desktop PC, but you can see this clearly demonstrated that the seconary menu is simply wrapping to the next line, not neatly collapsing into its own 'hamburger' format.
no-collapse-drop-menu.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Where the tickets are located

Post by sozzled » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:31 am

AMurray wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 am
While your question relates to the necessity of having the "Support" link (tab) ...
Correct. That's the main issue. IMO the tab is unnecessary (whether it's there by design or not). It's not a severe criticism.

I'm only providing feedback to help other JED users navigate through the system. I discovered this change purely by accident when—familiar with the former approach—I noticed the change (and spent a few extra minutes locating where things had been moved to).
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

Return to “extensions.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”