FireFox Vs IE 6,

Discussion regarding Joomla! Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security and Performance FAQs
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shohid
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

FireFox Vs IE 6,

Post by shohid » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 am

Hey i m facing a great problem an unable to fix it. Is there any expert to help me? My problems with joomla sitew is as follows

////
It works well in firefox and IE 8 similarly,but in IE 7 its lay out changes and also same for IE6. Infect in IE6 its looks weired. Please Please Please help me

iscience
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: FireFox Vs IE 6,

Post by iscience » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 pm

There is Only 2 ways

1.go to your template folder, copy template.css file and name it ie6.css, so you have 2 css files, ok?
then edit ie6.css file according to ie6 needs, for example change the height and so on. then add ie6 detection script in your template index.php file > in order to let browser choose between css files by type of browser. for example if browser was ie6, then automatically php calls ie6.css to be loaded and if not, template.css file will be loaded.

2. create 2 templates, 1 for ie6 and 1 for other browser, and add some plugin to your joomla in order to switch automatically between templates according to type of browser. simple way : choose joomla default template (milkway) for ie6 browser and your current template (that conflict with ie6) for other browsers.

do you understand me ?
i can do it for you, if you cant. just pm me.

Return to “Performance - 1.0.x”