Tutorial for simple Joomla 1.0 component

Submit your own tutorials, guides and API documents for inclussion in the Official Developer Documentation.
anetus
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Tutorial for simple Joomla 1.0 component

Post by anetus » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi.

I'd like to share a tutorial explaining how simple component for Joomla 1.0 works, almost line by line, containing listings of most of the files. Maybe it goes into details too much, some functions are obvious for someone with PHP experience, but I hope it could be useful. It describes simplified version of JPortfolio component, called jportfsimple. Whole zipped component can be downloaded, too.

Tutorial page: http://www.anetus.com/content/blogcategory/12/31/ - divided in 2 parts on site, but both parts in one PDF file (280 kB, 21 pages)

HTML version is attached.

Let me know if any parts need clarification. I know I should perhaps expand introduction and summary...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PattiH
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Tutorial for simple Joomla 1.0 component

Post by PattiH » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:47 pm

I've started it, and it looks very good. I'm a good test case since I know nothing about how all the php/modules/components work together---but I'd love to learn more. Thanks for all the hard work in putting it together.

Return to “Submit”