Relationship Info on Summary Page

Discuss and receive support for the integration of CiviCRM and Joomla!
kboxer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Relationship Info on Summary Page

Post by kboxer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi!

I have been developing an online database using CiviCRM and Joomla for a non-profit in Nicaragua, and I have a couple of questions.

First, I need to be able to export relationship info *  about an individual, and I am having trouble doing this.

For example, I would like a list of all individuals, and information about what household they belong to.

* (mcsmom - i noticed that you asked this same question a while ago)

Perhaps a future version of CiviCRM will be able to add this feature, along with being able to choose which information can be displayed on the summary page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Relationship Info on Summary Page

Post by lobo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm

kboxer wrote: First, I need to be able to export relationship info *  about an individual, and I am having trouble doing this.

For example, I would like a list of all individuals, and information about what household they belong to.

* (mcsmom - i noticed that you asked this same question a while ago)
if you want it for a specific household, you could potentially use the relationship part of advanced search. If not, i suspect you should be able to
do an export via CiviReport in v1.8
kboxer wrote: Perhaps a future version of CiviCRM will be able to add this feature, along with being able to choose which information can be displayed on the summary page.
Contributions to doing either of the above would be awesome.

lobo

kboxer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kboxer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:13 pm

lobo,

thank you for your reply!

one solution that i discovered was using tags for the name of the schools that our participants attend.  i was pleased to see that you can export a field of the tabs that an individual has associated with it.  adding relationships to this list of exportable fields would be nice, but again, maybe in a future version.

do you have a version of civireport that i could test?

thanks!

kevin

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:03 pm

currently no. but u can check:

http://civicrm.org/CiviReport/

Its mainly another open source product and we'll have a few templates that people can use and modify. It has fairly complex install needs, but would be awesome for u to give it a shot

lobo

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:59 pm

I also have ended up using tags and groups as a way to get around the relationship issue.

I really use household-individual relationships intensively so I'm really looking forward to being able work with the reports on this.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

Return to “CiviCRM Support”