CiviEvent and Joomla frontend?

Discuss and receive support for the integration of CiviCRM and Joomla!
cama950
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

CiviEvent and Joomla frontend?

Post by cama950 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:08 am

Is there a way to publish events (similar to online contribution)?

I created a menu item to link to the CivicCRM component.  However, Profile Search & Listings, Profile Edit, Profile Create, and Online Contribution are the only 4 CiviCRM tasks available for selection in Edit Menu Item :: Component [ CiviCRM ] page.

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: CiviEvent and Joomla frontend?

Post by lobo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:09 pm

Yes, this skipped my mind early on and i've fixed it already :) This will be part of the next release. I'm hoping to do a release coming thu

We will also expose the contact dashboard and the CiviCRM home page to the frontend

lobo

cama950
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cama950 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:06 am

Thank you for the response, and I look forward to getting the next release.

Lukum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lukum » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:55 pm

As to CiviEvent, I plan to use CiviCRM to organize an international conference. I'd like future participants to reach a page in CiviCRM where they can register (fill a form) then go and pay via Paypal. Is that possible to configure that process for the frontend, and if so how (step by step procedure)?

Thanks

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Lukum:

that is possible with CiviEvent. Please download, install and give it a try. There is some documentation and help on the wiki. If you want someone to do it for you or give you detailed instructions, please consider hiring someone from: http://civicrm.org/professional/

lobo

Lukum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lukum » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 pm

lobo wrote:
Lukum:

that is possible with CiviEvent. Please download, install and give it a try. There is some documentation and help on the wiki. If you want someone to do it for you or give you detailed instructions, please consider hiring someone from: http://civicrm.org/professional/

lobo
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the professional link. Actually I'm struggling with the install because my ISP has limited memory to 8Mo and php scripts exec time to 30 - no way to move ahead at the moment. I asked for change - I hope he will modify the server config otherwise I'll look for another ISP...

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:35 pm

For preinstalled joomla and CiviCRM check open social sites and my forum posting at:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,150076.0.html

i would say its really worth it if u r not tech savvy

lobo

Lukum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Lukum » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:29 pm

lobo wrote:
For preinstalled joomla and CiviCRM check open social sites and my forum posting at:

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,150076.0.html

i would say its really worth it if u r not tech savvy

lobo
Eventually my ISP made the changes and I could install CiviCRM flawlessly. I'm not a techie "Pro", but if I take time I can understand and go quite a distance by myself. As to final configuration for the frontend, I might ask some professional help.

Lukum

dbuch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dbuch » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:36 pm

Hello Lobo,

I am on the civicrm mailing list. Will the new release (today?) be announced?
--
Thank you,

David Buchmueller

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:42 pm

yes, doing it right now :)

lobo

mylesorme
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mylesorme » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Great - I've gathered that the next version will be able to publish the pages we can set up in the current version and that the next version is being announced -  So will someone please tell me what version numbers we are talking about!  :'(

I've got a version 1.7.beta.9101 installed on my test server but struggling to get it installed on my hosted site (another post) Events are essential for  me - so what version will or does allow members to book and pay for events on the front end?

Once I get the right version installed and working I think I'm going to love it... here's hoping

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:31 pm

9101 should allow events to be exposed in the front end. If you are having troubles installing consider moving your hosting to open social sites or a better host

Return to “CiviCRM Support”