CiviCRM Install successfull, Post install errors

Discuss and receive support for the integration of CiviCRM and Joomla!
webchik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

CiviCRM Install successfull, Post install errors

Post by webchik » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:29 am

:( I have posted here under another topic, i thought i might try one more time...I am currently planning to setup CiviCRM for a non-profit group - and having problems with the install.  ..I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me.  (Please excuse my newbiness)

Here goes - hope i've posted in the right place, I was unable to find any topics posted that were similar to this one.  Hopefully, someone can help me out to try and shed some light on my installation errors - i really think (hope!) it is going to be something small... here goes..

Configuration:  IIS/6.0; Joomla 1.0.3; PHP v. 4.3.11; MySQL v.4;
(Joomla! works a treat on the Windows environment).
I have installed civicrm-mambo-php4-v1.2-rev3795.  I have checked the folder permissions, and all is ok (just scoured other forums and topics).

Now - the installation completes sucessfully - no errors, nada.  (I have even tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, works like a charm)  - everything looks healthy.

I go to the home page of the ADMIN area of Joomla!, and it even looks good from there, (is listed under the "components" tab).

BUT.... as soon as I click on any of the options listed under the components menu items, ie, Find Contacts; Manage Groups; Import Contacts; Administer CiviCRM, I get the following error:

Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory 'e:/inetpub/usn0003201' in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1088

Warning: fetch(e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\media\civicrm\templates_c\%%DF\DF1\DF14E7A2%%index.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1258

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening 'e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\media\civicrm\templates_c\%%DF\DF1\DF14E7A2%%index.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm;e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages;.;E:\php\includes;e:\php\pear') in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1258

pub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm;e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages;.;E:\php\includes;e:\php\pear') in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1258 PHP Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory 'e:/inetpub/usn0003201' in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1088 PHP Warning: fetch(e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\media\civicrm\templates_c\%%DF\DF1\DF14E7A2%%index.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1258 PHP Warning: fetch(): Failed opening 'e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\media\civicrm\templates_c\%%DF\DF1\DF14E7A2%%index.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm;e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages;.;E:\php\includes;e:\php\pear') in e:\inetpub\usn0003201\myweb\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1258

The only thing i can think of is the folder name variables, but i am a little newbie, and not sure which files i should be opening and changing - and don't want to start playing with something i'm not very comfortable with....

Joombla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: CiviCRM Install successfull, Post install errors

Post by Joombla » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:36 am

just reduce the level of error reporting in the config section of joomla.
~
Todd

webchik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: CiviCRM Install successfull, Post install errors: I give up!

Post by webchik » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:07 am

Todd - thankyou so much for your reply - much appreciated.

I think you mean the setting:
$mosConfig_debug = '0';

I have tried both ways, =0 and =1, still the same thing.....

I really have spent way too much time on this up until now - i'm thinking i may just need to give civiCRM a big miss - which is unfortunate - i hate to give up!

:'( Yes - i'm very emotional.  I have uninstalled civiCRM.  The whole experience (not to mention the amount of time i wasted) has not left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. :(  I was hoping to help out my non-profit group - but will now tell them they will have to manage on their own, manually. (thankyou again to lobo and Todd for trying to help out here).
Last edited by webchik on Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:50 pm

webchik:

sorry about that. we could have been more helpful if it was in a *nix environment. debugging in a windows environment is kinda difficult especially since we dont use it at all and dont really have access to a decent windows box

lobo

webchik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by webchik » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:02 am

Lobo, would it help if i PM'd a copy of the config file?  I am REALLY hoping to persevere to get this up and running - it just looks so good, and it is going towards such a good cause - ANY sort of basic checks or help would be appreciated - i know you guys are flat chat, and i know its a win environment, but i would sure appreciate it if i had a few pointers.  I did check the SMARTY forums, and there were quite a few similar posts - i posted there, too, but no one even replied back!

So now, i am  :( and i feel like (another) good  :'(...

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:19 pm

sure, can u email me the file to lobo at yahoo dot com

i'll look it over.

also we can chat on IM and/or IRC. I'm on yahoo! as lobo and on AIM as donajit lobo and on IRC on irc.freenode.net, channel #civicrm

lobo

webchik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by webchik » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:30 pm

:) Lobo - thanks for your reply - just about to leave for work, so i'll check back in as soon as i get home (hopefully finishing earlier) today.
I know you must be busy - i notice how much of a huge help you are to lots of people here on the forum, and i really do appreciate your help.  The advocacy group i belong with will shortly be sending out their first newsletter - and i am very keen to incorporate a membership list in CiviCRM (for other reasons, too).  This will help get our message out, as well as help with tracking contacts, etc., for advocacy, re elder neglect and abuse in Australia.  Most of the (oz) legislation and govt. policies that exist, are to  protect nursing facilities, and not the residents, unfortunately.

I will try and email later today when i get home from work.... (unless i can find a pc at work with internet connection)
regards, webchik.

lobo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lobo » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:58 am

sure, let me know when u get online. Note that most of our active development / support happen on the mailing list at:

http://lists.objectledge.net/mailman/listinfo/crm-dev

Its a bit too drupal centric right now, so would be awesome to get some joomla! folks in there too.

lobo

bobcajun
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bobcajun » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:15 pm

I've got a similar problem but can't find a solution on the forums.  I've installed the latest civicrm (1.7.beta.9184) on my test server (windows XP running php5, apache2, mysql and the latest verions of joomla).  The installation is successful but in the backend I see the following error messages.  It doesn't matter which Civi link I click on, i'll get the same error.  I've installed also installed 1.7.beta.9101 (php4) on my production server (unix) but that doesn't work either -- different problem - blank pages in the backend.  Any suggestions or help to get this up and running?

Warning: Smarty::include(/www\media\civicrm\templates_c\en_US\\%%0C\0CB\0CBEC124%%default.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\www\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1871

Warning: Smarty::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/www\media\civicrm\templates_c\en_US\\%%0C\0CB\0CBEC124%%default.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;/www\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm;/www\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages;.;/usr/local/PHP/includes;/usr/local/PHP/pear') in W:\www\administrator\components\com_civicrm\civicrm\packages\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1871

Return to “CiviCRM Support”