is any possibility a joomla 1.0.13 site to be a spam site ??

For all Non-Joomla! security issues. ie 3pd Components etc.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
nikosss
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

is any possibility a joomla 1.0.13 site to be a spam site ??

Post by nikosss » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:07 am

hello
i have a site in joomla 1.0.13 and the company who provide hosting inform me that my site is a spam site. and if they do not upgrade it in 1.5.14 they will close my account. do you know what is this?? is any possibility a site to be spam???? Im very confused . I think that they want money to upgrade my site only and nothing happen.....
could anyone help me?

mark_up
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: is any possibility a joomla 1.0.13 site to be a spam site ??

Post by mark_up » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:25 am

It is possible your website has been hacked and is sending out spam, but you should get more details from them about what is wrong with the website.

If you don't want to upgrade to 1.5.14, at least upgrade to 1.0.15 as 1.0.13 has security vulnerabilities.

At the end of the day you probably don't have a choice... you need to either do what they say or move to a new host.
http://twitter.com/mark_up.
Opinions expressed are mine alone and don't necessarily represent the views of any organisation I am associated with.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: is any possibility a joomla 1.0.13 site to be a spam site ??

Post by toivo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 am

Joomla 1.0.13 has several security related issues and it is advisable to migrate to the latest version of 1.5.

Does your site use any custom forms that could allow mail injection, which would account for the claims of spam?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “3rd Party/Non Joomla! Security Issues”