More Discussion of the FuzzyBot Schedule

Joomla! Documentation Workgroup

Moderator: Documentation

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

More Discussion of the FuzzyBot Schedule

Post by cmbay » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:17 am

To continue discussing the question of the FuzzyBot schedule (Can anyone explain the FuzzyBot schedule?), is there a device or trigger that will automatically activate the FuzzyBot or does MartijnM have to initiate all the FuzzyBot's work?

In examining the FuzzyBot User contributions page back into October of this year, I note that all recent edits involved Joomla 4 articles. Is the FuzzyBot now limited to Joomla 4 articles?

I was hoping that the FuzzyBot was triggered on missing <!--T:n--> unit markers within <translate> tags or plain text not wrapped in <translate> tags. If that were the case, though, it is unlikely that there would be hundreds of articles marked, This page contains changes which are not marked for translation.

It appears that the FuzzyBot does not scan the Joomla Docs wiki looking for changes to the primary articles. (I couldn't locate the source code of the FuzzyBot.) Therefore, there are dozens if not hundreds of /en articles that do not match the source page. (When they occur, the FuzzyBot logs such updates with the Updating to match new version of source page phrase.)
Charles

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: More Discussion of the FuzzyBot Schedule

Post by ceford » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:01 am

Is the FuzzyBot the tool that creates /en pages from source? If so, I believe it is triggered when a source is marked for translation. I have permission to do that, along with Martijn. But I only do it for articles I have updated myself.

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:58 pm

ceford wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:01 am
Is the FuzzyBot the tool that creates /en pages from source?
Yes, you'll see that Updating to match new version of source page phrase in the log.
I have permission to do that, along with Martijn. But I only do it for articles I have updated myself.
One day, I hope, the FuzzyBot will do that without human intervention. There are hundreds of /en articles in the wiki that do not have the changes in the source article incorporated. Most users will see the /en version when reading Help pages, for example. Therefore they do not have the advantage of seeing the corrected or edited text.
Charles

MartijnM
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MartijnM » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:31 am

Back from hollidays
I don't think FuzzyBot can act automatic, because there are almost always errors in placing the translate-tags (missing tags, long textblocks).
What I did use: https://docs.joomla.org/Special:PageTranslation
I will try to do work on this the coming weeks, when I have time to do it.

cmbay
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by cmbay » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:02 pm

Oh my. I had not visited Pages proposed for translation before. A mere 2,700+ articles listed.
Charles

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”