Moderator: Documentation

Sukinoz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Description Needs to be Updated for Remove URL Language Code

Post by Sukinoz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello,

I rewrite this post (deleted due to spam problems):

In Joomla plugin Language Filter for multilanguage websites we can view this option:

Remove URL Language Code

In the documentation (https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Mu ... Plugins/es) we can read:
Remove URL Language Code: To create search engine friendly URLs in the multilingual site, set Remove URL Language Code to Yes.
As @Per Yngve Berg said:
What it does is remove the language code from the url of the default language only. Other languages will still have it.
So, I would like if anyone in this forum expertein seo/sef can confirm that this sentence is wrong, isn`t it?

Thanks

PD: once someone confirm or not that, i would like to inform the documentation team.
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Remove URL Language Code: To create search engine friendly URL

Post by mandville » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 pm

where exactly did he say that?
is this an sef issue or a documentation issue?
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Sukinoz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Sukinoz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Hello,
mandville wrote:where exactly did he say that?
In the link i have posted, Step 3a - Enabling the Language Filter plugin
mandville wrote:is this an sef issue or a documentation issue?
I am here looking for someone to answer this question. What do you think?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:49 pm

i mean this part
As @Per Yngve Berg said:
as you are questioning languages it may be best to transfer there as that is what i think best suits your LANGUAGE issue not the topic you (perhaps mistakenly because you thought it was the right one) posted in.
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

Sukinoz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Sukinoz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Hello @mandville,
mandville wrote:i mean this part
As I said, I rewrited this post because the first one were deleted by moderators due to spam problems. This was part of that deleted post. I only can see the other post in the Google Cache.
as you are questioning languages it may be best to transfer there as that is what i think best suits your LANGUAGE issue not the topic you
Thanks for helping, but I have already the language help:

@Per Yngve Berg said:
What it does is remove the language code from the url of the default language only. Other languages will still have it.
Now I am looking for a SEF help: Can anyone expert in SEF tell if this sentence is true?
Remove URL Language Code: To create search engine friendly URLs in the multilingual site, set Remove URL Language Code to Yes.
I think you have SEF url in both cases (Yes and No), is it?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 pm

please do not quote stuff thats been deleted, even with out posting the cache url, it messes with the original context, makes a mess of what people are trying to help you with so it doesnt make sense and they get to the point where they give up. i am sure you were asked to report the original post. /eof

Sukinoz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Sukinoz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:37 pm

mandville wrote:please do not quote stuff thats been deleted, even with out posting the cache url, it messes with the original context, makes a mess of what people are trying to help you with so it doesnt make sense and they get to the point where they give up. i am sure you were asked to report the original post. /eof
I think I am not explaining my self correctly: I am not asking for help. I am trying to help the joomla community.

Maybe for my english, but i cant understand you, What do you mean with "report the original post"? report to who? do you mean "repost"?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm sorry we're witnessing this again: @Sukinoz, you are very confused but the real problem is that you're confusing us.

Point 1: You wrote that Per wrote [somewhere] something. Well, I can't see what @Per wrote or where he wrote it. So please stop saying what @Per wrote or might have written.

Point 2: Please stop arguing with the forum moderators. They're here to help everyone, including you. If you don't understand what the moderators do here then don't try to argue with them. In the end it will only get you into trouble.

Point 3: Your entire question is simply this:
Can I believe the statement in https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Mu ... Plugins/es where it states
???
I don't know the answer. I don't have any experience with multilingual sites. Please don't argue with me, either.

I hope this helps you to be less confused. Please wait for someone to answer your question that I summarised in point 3 above. Thank you.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 am

Following is the pop-up help text message for the option "Remove URL Language Code".
Remove the defined URL Language Code of the Content Language that corresponds to the default site language when Search Engine Friendly URLs is set to 'Yes'.
I can confirm the behavior as quoted above.
Sukinoz wrote:once someone confirm or not that, i would like to inform the documentation team.
Kindly inform the documentation team. In fact, the original page (https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Mu ... ge_Plugins) needs to be updated. After that all the translated pages have to be updated.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Sukinoz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Description Needs to be Updated for Remove URL Language Code

Post by Sukinoz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:47 am

@imanickam

Thanks for replaying.
Kindly inform the documentation team
Do you know how to contact with the documentation team? I have look at the documentation page but dont find it.

Thanks in advanced.

@sozzled , I am feeling really bad with this situation and I'm surprised to receive such a rude treatment.I have been very polite in every moment and I have followed all the indications of the moderators in every moment. Sorry if I have made you something that bother you but it was not my intention.
Point 1: You wrote that Per wrote [somewhere] something. Well, I can't see what @Per wrote or where he wrote it. So please stop saying what @Per wrote or might have written.
I stopped doing it in the exact moment that @mandville said to me "please do not quote stuff thats been deleted". I have not posted it again since that moment.
Point 2: Please stop arguing with the forum moderators. They're here to help everyone, including you. If you don't understand what the moderators do here then don't try to argue with them. In the end it will only get you into trouble.
Sorry if you think that I am arguing anything. I just asked something that i didnt understand. The moderator asked me to do something, but i cant do it if I dont understand it. Just asked what means "report the original post", in order to do it. Sorry if you think that i am arguing.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 am

I have no further interest in this topic. I am confident that, with your persistence and without our help, you'll discover a way to "contact the documentation team".

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 am

You can find the Documentation Team's information at https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/doc ... king-group.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Sukinoz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Sukinoz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 am

imanickam wrote:You can find the Documentation Team's information at https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/doc ... king-group.
Great. I have created and account and it is already updated with the correct sentence! :D
https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Mu ... ge_Plugins

Thank you very much @imanickam

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”