Joomla! Documentation Workgroup

Moderator: Documentation

efduggan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Need advice how to update Joomla form field doc

Post by efduggan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

I’ve returned to Joomla recently and started working through the module development tutorial. Along the way I’ve been catching minor issues in other aspects of the documentation and fixing it.

Today I was playing with the range form field. It had a page in the documentation, but there was no content. While not a very useful field, I thought I’d give back and add at least some information.

I started with copying the number form field documentation (https://docs.joomla.org/Number_form_field_type). I made all the edits I thought were needed to the text, then attempted to save. The wiki editor complained about translation tag numbering, since I had removed some of them in creating the article. I attempted to fix the problems by re-numbering them through the document. I then attempted to save, and I now find the whole page is missing in action now if I’m logged in. https://docs.joomla.org/Range_form_field_type. If I’m logged out of the site, the page appears, which is a relief because I initially thought I’d destroyed everything.

After a frantic search, I’m now here looking for any advice. Help!

regards,
Edmond

PS here is the text just before things went bad:

<noinclude><languages /></noinclude>
<translate><!--T:1-->
The ‘''range''' form field type provides a horizontal slider for numeric input. While the default value can be set, there is no indication of the actual value being chosen, just the position of the slider’s thumb. Available from {{JVer|3.2}}</translate>

<translate><!--T:2-->
* '''type''' (mandatory) must be ''range''.</translate>
<translate><!--T:3-->
* '''name''' (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.</translate>
<translate><!--T:4-->
* '''label''' (optional) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field, and will appear in the pop-up when hovering over label as well.</translate>
<translate><!--T:5-->
* '''description''' (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the label.</translate>
<translate><!--T:6-->
* '''default''' (optional) (translatable) is the initial default value.</translate>
<translate><!--T:7-->
* '''class''' (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field.</translate>
<translate><!--T:8-->
* '''min''' (optional) this value is the lowest that can be chosen.</translate>
<translate><!--T:9-->
* '''max''' (optional) this value is the highest that can be chosen.</translate>
<translate><!--T:10-->
* '''step''' (optional) if user click up/down arrow current value will change by this attribute (this attribute value will be added or subtracted to current field value).</translate>
<translate><!--T:11-->
* '''required''' (optional) should this field be required?</translate>

Example XML field definition which would create a slider with possibility to choose values between 0 and 0.5 and change current value by 0.1 as the slider is moved left or right.</translate>
<source lang="xml"><field name=“myrange" type="range" default=“0" label="Range from -0.5 to 0.5 step 0.1" description="" min=“-0.5" max=“0.5" step="0.1" /></source>

<translate>
=== See also === <!—T:13-->
</translate>
<translate><!—T:14''''''Bold text''''''-->
* [[S:MyLanguage/Standard form field types|List of standard form field types]]</translate>

<noinclude>
<translate>
<!—T:15-->
[[Category:Standard form field types]]
</translate>
</noinclude>
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: retitled

efduggan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How do I get into the group “Email Confirmed” to help improving the documentation wiki?

Post by efduggan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi All,

after further investigation, I’ve somehow lost my “Email Confirmed” status. I was going to create a new thread to explain and hopefully connect with someone who can address my issue, but decided to continue it here.

So, I now seem to be not in the group called “Email Confirmed” when I try and edit the wiki documentation:
No Email confirmed.png
So I went to my profile’s user preference and checked that my email had been confirmed a long time ago:
Email confirmed 2010.png
I tried to see if I could edit again, but with no luck. So I then changed my email address to another account, and confirmed it:
Email confirmed 2019.png
but yet I’m still not able to edit the wiki.

While I've waited to see if anyone here would respond to this post, I’ve gone off and searched further without finding a solution, nor even a person to contact.

So if you know the answer to "How do I get into the group “Email Confirmed” to help improving the documentation wiki?” or know someone who can help me, please post/email/PM. It would be much appreciated and I’d be able to get back to contributing to Joomla.

regards,
Edmond
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Need advice how to update Joomla form field doc

Post by toivo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:16 am

Hi,

My account was created in 2009, I am able to edit and my groups are Autoconfirmed users, Users, Email Confirmed. The first group is a link to the text 'Users who have confirmed their email addresses and are able to edit'.

Please report your issue at https://github.com/joomla/joomla-websit ... ur%20issue and someone will hopefully get assigned to the issue.

Regards,
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

efduggan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Need advice how to update Joomla form field doc

Post by efduggan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Thanks Toivo!

I’ve created issue #1286 at https://github.com/joomla/joomla-websites/issues/1286

regards,
Edmond

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”