Joomla! Documentation Workgroup

Moderator: Documentation

blancanieve
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Glossary Issues

Post by blancanieve » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:47 am

Hi there,

I am a new member of the Joomla Docs Translation team. Recently I worked on the German glossary, but I noticed that the glossaries have some issues in general.
  • Some entries (from the English glossary and also their respective localized versions) are only displayed as links, while others show the chunk content on the glossary page. What is the reason for that? I checked the source of the chunks that are not displayed but couldn't find anything different to the ones that are displayed.
  • It may be a good idea to limit the length of the chunks. Some of them are really long, containing information such as examples that don't really fit a glossary definition (but IMO are a nice addition in the corresponding linked article).
  • Many of the localized glossary definition chunks are not categorized correctly, so they don't appear in their respective localized glossary.
  • Last but not least: Some glossary entries are linked to an article, while others are not. It would be good to have some consistency, because at present it doesn't look very professional (also because of the above mentioned chunk display and length problems).
I would like to fix some of those issues (create missing articles, categorize chunks, maybe shorten some glossary definitions etc.), but I really don't know what to do about the chunks that are not displayed. Any advice?

Thanks, Nadine

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Joomla Glossary Issues

Post by ceford » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 am

I am a relative newcomer to documentation too and I am a bit baffled by the system. After digging around I found an article that might be helpful:

https://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:How_to_Cre ... sary_Entry

which covers some of the points you made.

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”